Page 1 of 2
When you move out and have your own bills to pay and cook your own food - when you realise that you got to be independent (easier said than done). It's really about the mindset and I couldn't care less if my opinion is controversial. I stand by it. I don't think it's a matter of age at all (in most cases). You could be over 21 and be the childish of all children. If you still live at home, it's a little difficult to appreciate how much more difficult it is so until you have done so already before.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Oct 11, 2011,
I never saw it as an 'age', just a time in which you realize you have bills to pay, you're independent, your sense of responsibility becomes natural, etc. You're not an 'adult', until you realize these things. In the words of John Cheese (or whatever his name is), "You can be 35, but not yet an adult. These are 35 year-old children."

It's a mentality, not age-determined.
Quote by Harmonius
When you move out and have your own bills to pay and cook your own food - when you realise that you got to be independent (easier said than done). It's really about the mindset and I couldn't care less if my opinion is controversial. I stand by it. I don't think it's a matter of age at all (in most cases). You could be over 21 and be the childish of all children.

You could still act less an adult even if you do those things
Quote by Harmonius
When you move out and have your own bills to pay and cook your own food. It's really about the mindset and I couldn't care less if my opinion is controversial. I stand by it. I don't think it's a matter of age at all (in most cases). You could be over 21 and be the childish of all children.

I don't think that's controversial at all. That's pretty close to how I view it.

I wouldn't necessarily link it to having your own place and paying the bills though (for the record, I do). It's all about the mindset, and maturity. There are young carers etc who are totally independant and are adult in all but legal age.
In the days of darkness men feared not the sword and the lance
Nor did he fear the beast of fire... He feared...
THE AXEMAN!!

The Earth is covered in ash and our lungs have filled with worms...
Yeah, as stated above. If you've never moved out before it's a little difficult to appreciate just how much more difficult it is. That's what I mean by my controversial statement but I still stand by it. Sorry if I caused offence - I really meant none.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by 'Leviathan'
I never saw it as an 'age', just a time in which you realize you have bills to pay, you're independent, your sense of responsibility becomes natural, etc. You're not an 'adult', until you realize these things. In the words of John Cheese (or whatever his name is), "You can be 35, but not yet an adult. These are 35 year-old children."

It's a mentality, not age-determined.

As much as I dislike your colour, I agree. I know adults and people way older than me that are immature.
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
When you are independent.

Living on your own/not at your parents house basically.* Along with that working and taking responsibility for your screw ups. And manning up and getting stuff that needs to be done, done. When you take active steps to improve your life such as setting goals and going for them.

You can have fun like a kid no matter what your age is.

But the adult part of you has to be there as well.

*Though considering the shit economy and how lots of kids are getting useless degrees many are content with moving back in with their parents. I'm not sure how to view that because some genuinely try to fix their situation others just complain and go to protests and shit.
I would say these days 21.

Back in my day, (back in the day, lol) I was 19 when I got my own place, but times have changed with the economy n shit.

That's if I remember rightly, with me being a senile, demented, decrepid, ancient old hag!
lol. I say 18. But i guess it depends on maturity.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
It doesn't really matter since age is just a number.
I'm not saying not to trust the internet, but there's an alarming discrepancy between the number of iPads I've won & the number of iPads I own.
Quote by Twofly
It doesn't really matter since age is just a number.

So is the length of your jail sentence for statutory rape.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by Harmonius
When you move out and have your own bills to pay and cook your own food - when you realise that you got to be independent (easier said than done). It's really about the mindset and I couldn't care less if my opinion is controversial. I stand by it. I don't think it's a matter of age at all (in most cases). You could be over 21 and be the childish of all children. If you still live at home, it's a little difficult to appreciate how much more difficult it is so until you have done so already before.

This.
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677
There is no specific age where you magically become an adult, it just depends on the person.
Quote by Harmonius
When you move out and have your own bills to pay and cook your own food - when you realise that you got to be independent (easier said than done).

Id agree with this.
You become a man when you kill another man on the glorious field of battle TS.
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
You become an adult when the boring realities and responsibilities of your life take over? No, I don't think so.

"Adult" is just a binary label applied to something with more shades and dimensions than a label is capable of describing. Unless you're a butterfly or moth it's meaningless to put adulthood down to an exact time on an exact day. It's an ongoing process.
A lot of people point to the study of "your brain isn't fully developed until age 25". Then again, though, isn't the brain always developing?
The day you stop mooching off your parents and earning your own existence. You don't necessarily have to live away from them, but you have to at least have a job and be paying rent. It doesn't matter if you are 12 or 92 when it happens, that is the day when I will consider you as an adult.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Last edited by doomded at Oct 11, 2011,
When you start behaving and taking on the responsibilities as one.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

35, when you can be president.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
when you cut the tip of your penis off
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Quote by Harmonius

This

But for legal purposes, I think it's 21. People are generally more mature and able to develop their own ideas at this point.
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
Quote by Harmonius

Pretty much this.

When I was younger I thought 18, when I was 18 I thought 21, now I'm 21 I'm thinking 25+ even though I moved out at 17/18. Weird.
Quote by Idiot_Son
i went to the pub. the look on the bartenders faces when they realised theyd been serving me alcohol illegally for the past two years was priceless.

Quote by stiff-upper-lip
DoGaLog, i think youv jst owned everyone on this thread and well done.
Quote by ChemicalFire
So is the length of your jail sentence for statutory rape.

That's funny. As my friend always used to say,, "16 will get you 20" (implying years in prison. But I didn't realize age of consent is 16 in england?

So now this girl I know that's 16 is actually legal now
Current Stage Gear
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Quote by OldRocker
For most insurance cos it's 24.

Did anyone else know that in the US you have to be 24 to rent a car?
I've been driving for 4 years and went to rent a car and wasn't even old enough. Had to get my dad to do it bahaha.
Current Stage Gear
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Quote by bluekirby7
Did anyone else know that in the US you have to be 24 to rent a car?
I've been driving for 4 years and went to rent a car and wasn't even old enough. Had to get my dad to do it bahaha.

Actually it's 25.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
You don't just magically become an adult. I'm 18 and I don't really feel like an adult yet. Of course what it means to be an adult is subjective.
Last edited by So-Cal at Oct 11, 2011,
It depends on your definition of adult.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
I'm 19 and don't feel like an adult at all.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by behind_you
When you lose your virginity, bro

Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Quote by rgrockr
Actually it's 25.

I could of swore they were doing some program in IL where you could rent at 24. It had some special condition.

Ah what do I care. I'll just say you are right, doesn't matter to me. I have my own car here in the UK now
Current Stage Gear
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
I'm 19, I live in an apartment near the university college and pay the rent and my food. I do not feel like an adult, however.
Last edited by GisleAune at Oct 11, 2011,
The day you gain the ability to reproduce.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by bluekirby7
That's funny. As my friend always used to say,, "16 will get you 20" (implying years in prison. But I didn't realize age of consent is 16 in england?

So now this girl I know that's 16 is actually legal now

brb moving to England

Quote by WCPhils
I'm 19 and don't feel like an adult at all.

Same. I don't want to be an adult, and I know I couldn't handle adult responsibilities yet. But I know some people who have been living on their own since like 16, so being an "adult" has little to nothing to do with actual age.
Page 1 of 2