OK ive took my electric guitar without an amp (amp to big and no headphone out) and want some crunch, something which a travel amp just isnt doing! Any ideas of a resonable decent setup that would allow me to play along to music from laptop. Can be amp based, pre amp, software, headphone or speakers I dont mind. Musnt be too expensive - the cheaper the better on a student budget!
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
If you're not bothered about cleans, something like a Blackstar HT-1 or the 2 watt Vox Night train would probably do you proud.
i use a line 6 ux2 along with pod farm and i'm very happy with it. a lot to play around with, sounds good, and can either have a monitor or headphone out
Good suggestions have already been said but just thought I'd throw it out there.

Invest in Guitar Rig 5 or Revalver? If you have a USB interface already (if not they're not expensive) they're both powerful amp/effects modelling software. Just a thought.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Get a Pignose guitar. Awesome coolness, make an acceptable sound (for a built in amp), can be used with headphones and can be played out loud when you're having a get together with a couple of mates.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
You can get a used POD or even a pocket POD for under £70, they sound great even recorded straight through an interface into a DAW
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.