Page 1 of 4
What I mean is, do you dress in clothing commonly associated with your favourite genre of music?

Example

I know a decent amount of you probably wear what you think is comfortable, but I'd still like to get an idea how many metalheads dress like metalheads, and who else wears what is common among their favourite bands and their fanbases.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
About a third, since band pants and band shoes aren't really things so I'm forced to actually choose them on their own merits.
I listen to a lot of thrash. And I wear tight pants, white high tops and band shirts. So I guess I do.
Not at all. I favour heavy metal and tech metal for my musical kicks, but wear shirts and jeans for the most part.

Not as in band shirts, as in with buttons. Like this:

http://www.superdry.com/mens/shirts/details/31077/lumberjack-twill-shirt

got a couple of thsoe in different colours.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Not much really apart from the odd bit of band merch.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Comfort > Being trendy
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Other than the occasional band shirt worn around the house, it doesn't really.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I usually buy band shirts when I go to gigs and wear them once in a while. So that.

I like metal it's the genre I'm most familiar with. But I don't wear black all the time. Nor do I own a denim jacket and I have no band patches. Though I have a leather riding jacket, but I have a motorcycle and it's only appropriate. I mean, road rash sucks so...
Quote by BlackVoid
I usually buy band shirts when I go to gigs and wear them once in a while. So that.

I like metal it's the genre I'm most familiar with. But I don't wear black all the time. Nor do I own a denim jacket and I have no band patches. Though I have a leather riding jacket, but I have a motorcycle and it's only appropriate. I mean, road rash sucks so...

Nuh-uh

Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
occasional black t shirt,sleeves cut off,and some band t shirts.
biggest things is my necklace,i like those thick chains with the big lock on it.
I used to wear the trashiest clothes my parents would let me leave the house in, solely because of the music I listened to (I was like 15).
As a result, I just got used to wearing torn, loose jeans and band T's, so even though I've turned 18 and broadened my music taste, that's the kind of clothing that makes up the majority of my wardrobe.

I have nicer clothes for certain events though.

Plain shirts of various colors with unripped jeans (they can sag a bit, it's school) for school events.
Collared shirt and unripped jeans that fit for work.
Unripped jeans that fit with a plain black short sleeve T on top of a plain grey long sleeve T for jazz gigs.
Plain black jeans (with a little bit of nondescript maroon trimming) without rips that fit tighter than preferable and a plain black shirt for events where I need to be really nice (events at synagogue, anything where a suit would be overkill but my work clothes are under-par).
Black slacks and a black suit jacket on top of a plain black T for those really nice events.

In essence:
I care about my appearance when I need to, but my everyday clothing is really just whatever I pull out of my drawer that morning, as long as it doesn't make me look colorblind.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Last edited by kumamilesbear at Oct 11, 2011,
Black band shirts and black dickies make up the majority of my wardrobe.
Check out my band Disturbed
It doesn't affect me at all. I only really keep band shirts as souvenirs or to wear them during concerts, but I usually like to dress smart. I like to take care of my appearance.
It's not a very common trait amongst those who listen to underground metal.
it really doesn't at all.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I'd say it does. I love everything about the music, so why wouldn't I immerse myself in the culture further by dressing it? I don't really wear band shirts, though.
Well, I'm a Thrasher so i wear tight jeans and metal band's shirt every day!
When I'm not in smart shirt and pants for work, then yeah I guess being a metal head does effect how I dress, I'm usually in band T's para boots and combat pants haha. I suppose though that isnt much of an effect, I think the long hair and the beard do that for me ;-)
I mostly wear band t-shirts, so somewhat. Also, I liked the orgcore look (well, most of it) before I knew what it was, and now I like the music. I still don't dress like that, but I've wanted to, because I like it, not because the scene tells me to.

They're abusing my right to express myself!
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
No.
Which is probably a good thing, otherwise I'd look like a heavy metal lady gaga in old fashioned clothes (classical) , looking like a country bumpkin (folk). With some dad rock hair (led zep, pink floyd etc).

I generally just wear jeans and a tank top, or a pretty skirt and blouse, or shorts and tank top depending on the season.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quite a lot. I like the way Dylan and Pete Doherty dress. Well how Dylan dressed in the 60's.

Formal but still casual. Like an handsome man.

But it's my style and basically not taken from neither. Just influenced a bit.

But neither of their clothing style has little if anythingto do with their music so I guess I kind of misread the topic a tad.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Oct 11, 2011,
I wear almost exclusively band shirts, but that's as far as it goes. Everything else is just normal stuff. Jeans, plain converse. etc.
Quote by Dirk Gently
It doesn't, but then again I'm an adult with my own identity.

This.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I wear whatever I like really, doesn't matter what music I listen too. I've found that really the only people who dress the way they do because of the music they like are metal heads and indie kids.

Although in saying that I probably would dress a certain way if I was going to a club to see a dj, and dress a different way if I was going to a concert to see a band.
Last edited by Duffman123 at Oct 11, 2011,
not at all besides a band shirt here or there.

None of the bands I listen to have a set fashion though. Mostly just t-shirts and jeans.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Not at all. Dressing mildly camp doesn't go hand in hand with metal, especially seeing as I hate badly fitting black t-shirts and cargo pants.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Not much. I just wear jeans and plain tops. I have no style. I used to wear band shirts but I find them uncomfortable now.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Use to, not so much anymore. I'll wear a band shirt once in awhile. Still listen to the same bands though.
Sail upon the open skies
not really so much, if anything i prefer the more indie style to metal or rock or whatever and thats not really my most listened to music at all.

Most of the time i'm just wearing straight fit jeans with a shirt and maybe a thin button-up on top of it if the occasions a tad more formal. I tend to avoid shorts and band t-shirts other than a grey Beatles top, don't like how wearing a lot of black looks.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Page 1 of 4