My Fender Showmaster only had two tremolo arm springs in it, and when I tried to put light/heavy hybrid strings on it, the bridge started to get pulled out of the body of the guitar. They're the little springs in the back of your guitar. So I got a third one, and it's too stiff to pull apart the necessary length with my fingers...how do I properly install it?

Thanks guys.
My gear:
Fender Showmaster FMT HH
BC Rich Avenge
1971 Gibson SG Pro
Vox Valvetronix VT100
1980 Martin D-18 (message me if you're in the market for one; my tiny fingers would prefer a Taylor)
Celebrity Ovation
Well you'd basically just pull it, not other option really. I guess you can help by pushing the trem arm down.

Couldn't you tighten the trem claw screws anymore/enough?
What screws are those? My guitar teacher told me I needed a third spring if I wanted to use anything except light gauge strings.
My gear:
Fender Showmaster FMT HH
BC Rich Avenge
1971 Gibson SG Pro
Vox Valvetronix VT100
1980 Martin D-18 (message me if you're in the market for one; my tiny fingers would prefer a Taylor)
Celebrity Ovation
I would recommend putting the 3rd spring in rather than just tightening the claw screws, for stability purposes. They make a tool for doing this, I can't remember what it's called, but if you don't have one you can loosen the strings on the guitar and loosen the claw screws, that should make every thing line up close enough to do it by hand.
My Guitars
Squire Affinity Strat
Ibanez RG 350 DX
Fender Stratocaster MIM
Ibanez AEG20E
Tradition Guitars S2000F Pro
Well those are the screws that the spring claw are attached to the wood (guitar) with. The spring "claw" is the thing the the springs are attached to from the other end (not tremolo block).

But also what PatheticMedic said.
pull up on the trem to compress the springs in the back cavity, and use pliers to add the third.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
After relieving even more tension in the strings and loosening the screws to an uncomfortable level, I was able to get it to the point where I only had to stretch the spring a centimeter, and I got it. Mission accomplished. Thanks peeps.
My gear:
Fender Showmaster FMT HH
BC Rich Avenge
1971 Gibson SG Pro
Vox Valvetronix VT100
Celebrity Ovation