First off, yes I know that there are tonnes of these threads around and yes I also know how to use the search bar. I'm only making this thread because I couldn't find anything specific that would help me with my current predicament.

I've been looking at getting a new guitar, probably within the £400-£500 range (£500 is pushing it though). I currently own a Washburn X50 Pro, its a great guitar, I love it, but it just isn't really ideal for drop tunings (you'd have to play it to understand fully). So I'd like to get a guitar primarily for drop tunings and the genre's of music they are used in (metal/hardcore etc). Preferably something without a tremolo, can't be doing with the hassle and I've never liked the feel of guitars with them.

Currently, just through browsing I've spotted these guitars:

LTD MH-250 NT
Washburn WI200 Pro E
Schecter Damien Elite 6
Schecter C-1

Only real issue with the LTD is that the finish (from the image in the link) looks very similar to that of my Washburn X50 Pro, I'd rather not have two seemingly identical guitars. Also, the link provided doesn't provide a price (in £, but I saw an article published back in February that said the tremolo version of the LTD was generally priced at £499, so I imagine the non-tremolo version would be cheaper. The Washburn seems to be the best value out of all those guitars, I recall seeing Total Guitar magazine rate it very highly and state that the RRP is close to £500, so the price it is at now would appear to be a bargain. As for the Schecters, I've never played one, heard good things about them but equally heard they are fairly overpriced in the UK.
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
Quote by Jacob<3Guitar
Ibanez RGD series??

Any specific model?

As far as I'm aware most Ibanez models in my price range all include a tremolo, which I'd rather not have.

Quote by _bacon_

you just need to be careful that you don't end up with something worse than your washburn...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
you just need to be careful that you don't end up with something worse than your washburn...

That's probably the main thing I'm wary of. I'm not really fussed if this next guitar I buy isn't great for blues and cleaner stuff, because that's what I'll use my current Washburn for, so long as it will do better with drop tunings and such I'll be happy.

Quote by _bacon_

See if you can find a used sz ibanez in your area.
Sz1220 prestige on ebay right 500£ now if your willing to drive 120 miles to edgware, middlesex.