Hey UG, just wanted to know if anyone could help me with buying a reasonably priced 8 string, just to jam a few meshuggah tunes, thanks
Jackson kvx10
Yamaha erg 121c
BC rich bronze warlock
Nevada strat copy
Peavey bandit 112
Snagged an Agile off a guy in my city, lucky enough to have one pop up second hand. Like captainsnazz said, they're a good brand, but hard to get at if you're not in the States! I've seen Ibanez RG 2228's go for cheap too on Kijiji...
Musical things I do
http://www.youtube.com/user/CGuitar2112

GEAR
Ibanez RG 7421
Ibanez S470DXQM - Viking Red
Agile Intrepid Pro Dual 828 RN
Greg Bennet Custom
Peavey Raptor I
Atomic Reactor 112 Amp
Line 6 POD HD w/ MkII Express
Quote by zomgguitarz1234
You teach a friend how to play bass.

+10,000
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by eddieomeara89
hey dude i would advise a schecter omen 8-****in beast of a guitar

Yeah, they're good for the price.
I'm personally about to splash out on a damien 8 Just got to wait for them to restock in the UK so I have to wait a month :\
Quote by captainsnazz
Yeah, they're good for the price.
I'm personally about to splash out on a damien 8 Just got to wait for them to restock in the UK so I have to wait a month :\

In the US: good for the price.

In the UK, you pay heavy import taxes. It's what put me off getting a schecter; I had a £1000 budget, and was going for a Schecter. Turns out I'd be paying on average £300 import taxes (which you aren't told about). C-8 Hellraisers go from £900 to £1000 here, and in the US, from $700-$900 (based on prices seen online at various stores). shit isn't cool man.

Damien 8's are a little more fairly priced, but be wary if you are going to get a higher end 8 from schecter, and live in the UK.

on topic: Agile are pretty good from what I hear - rave reviews in fact. ESP have a stephen carpenter signature for around £400. Ibby do the RGA8, but I strongly advise against buying one of the first line of them made as there have been reports of hardware basically ripping itself out of the body - that wood isn't that great. Usually I would write it off as a one of case, but quite a few people have had this issue, and it's difficult/impossible to fix. By now, it has probably been sorted out in future lines, but just be careful.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Last edited by Banjocal at Oct 11, 2011,
The Ibanez RGA8 isn't too bad. Agile's have a few nice ones too, some of their scale lengths confuse me though.

Schecter has good build quality so I assume their 8 strings are nice. I haven't tried them though since I hated the C-7's neck.
Quote by zomgguitarz1234
You teach a friend how to play bass.

Wont sound like an 8 string.

Listen to Meshuggah. Bass and guitars are on same octave. Bass still sounds like bass, guitar still sounds like guitar.

And yeah, the Omen 8 is prlly the cheapest 8 you can get. I would suggest saving up a wee bit moer and getting an Ibanez RGA8.
Quote by Banjocal
ESP have a stephen carpenter signature for around £400.

If it's the SC-208, don't get it. The low F# string will be very flubby due to the 25.5 inch scale. The B sting on my Ibanez was pretty flubby until I got a .65 string.
Quote by disk11
If it's the SC-208, don't get it. The low F# string will be very flubby due to the 25.5 inch scale. The B sting on my Ibanez was pretty flubby until I got a .65 string.

I would recommend the 608B, certainly. I was just throwing it out there. Most 8's under a grand are going to have serious issues like that, sadly.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa