So, how much value does a signature actually add to a guitar? Let's say, hypothetically, the signature of the company's founder, for instance?
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
little to nothing without authenticity
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
If you can have the signature authenticated, it might add a little something. If it's the current owner, I don't it would add very much. If it was the founder of Martin, for example, and the founder has been deceased for quite some time, that could be a different story. But, it all depends on having provenance of the signature.

Edit: Having WC's autograph isn't worth the ink used to write it - at least to me. Even if you have his signature, you have to find someone willing to pay for it. Since he's still alive, I'd say it's worth the the price of the guitar - and only the price of the guitar.
Last edited by KG6_Steven at Oct 11, 2011,
It would probably have to be one of the greats, and he would probably have to be dead for it to add value. A strat signed by hendrix for example.
American Circus
Like the White Stripes, RHCP, or Cage the Elephant? Check out mah band!
If the guitar was legitimately signed after they were deceased then you've got a fortune

....or a prison sentence

Btw, you didn't specify who signed it.
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Quote by Crazyedd123
If the guitar was legitimately signed after they were deceased then you've got a fortune

....or a prison sentence

Btw, you didn't specify who signed it.

Dean zelinsky.
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Quote by bluekirby7
little to nothing without authenticity

This.

A while back I went to the local pawn shop and they were selling a Gibson SG that was signed by Warren Haynes. They were asking 800 for it, but I wondered if that was for the guitar itself or just because it supposedly had Warren Haynes autograph.
My Squier is signed by Dream Theater (but Portnoy's, of all the others, decided to rub off... that's gotten me a little pissed), so instead of being worth $180, it's worth maybe $181.
^^ i'll give you $500
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Well, there's some dude that's trying to sell a Les Paul signed by the man himself on ebay for £3000 I think. It's been there for at least a year.