I had my amp and cab stolen out of my house... long story short and I've got about 100-200$ Should I get a Peavey Vypyr 30 watt, a Line 6 guitar port or a line 6 POD studio GX and play through the my computer.
Are you mainly recording, or jamming? If its just bedroom practise I'd like a real amp to play through. If you want to record stuff though, one of the line6s is better.
WTLTL 2011
I guess it doesn't have to be from the list but I've played on a friend vypyr and got some nice tones. The bad thing for me is that there is no music store within a 3 hours drive to test something out.
Get a nice interface, M audio fastrack or something, and use freeware plugins.
WTLTL 2011
Well unless you're using something similar to my work PC's audio system (paradigm studio 10's + pioneer elite integrated amp), you ain't going to be jamming with a drummer with your computer speakers. But even if you were, I'd ask why you're using a $1k+ setup and not willing to buy a real guitar amp :P

For jamming, the vypyr 30 is probably your best bet. It has USB out for recording.

What sort of music do you play?
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Heavy metal to classic rock .Mainly I don't have the money to go out and replace a 6505 set up at the moment
Quote by verbalrelease
I personally would go with one of the Fender Mustang amps, but if choosing from the list above I'd probably go with the Vypyr, as long as you know they've had a history of being buggy in the past.

Actually, Vypers are extremly well built. Of course, every company produces lemons occasionally, but vypers aree much higher quality (build and sound) than other similar amps (mg's, spiders). Id say go with the vyper, you can use it for jamming alone and with others and it has a usb for recording, if you want to record.
Fender MIA Standard Strat
ESP LTD Viper 407
Epiphone SG
Starcaster by Fender(modded with Bill Lawrence l-500-xl)
PEAVEY 6505+ (FJA transistor modd)
Peavey 65 watt transtube studio-112
Marshall 1960AV
Vader 2x12
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 band EQ
Find that fucker who stole your rig and get his ass arrested. If you get your amp back, and it still works, hooray.

Can't do that? Go for the Vypyr 30, as it has USB support for recording and it has an actual guitar speaker for general purposes.
That ****ing sucks TS. Hope you get your stuff back.

In the meantime, an audio interface and VST plugins such as Le Pou may suit you. I started using them in the last month and they blow line 6 podfarm tones out of the water!
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
I've got eyes and ears out for my stuff, and thanks for input... Should I buy an amp new for warranty or just f' it and go used, kinda on a tight budget.
Quote by doctorcheeze200
Actually, Vypers are extremly well built. Of course, every company produces lemons occasionally, but vypers aree much higher quality (build and sound) than other similar amps (mg's, spiders). Id say go with the vyper, you can use it for jamming alone and with others and it has a usb for recording, if you want to record.

When the Vypyrs first came out, their bugginess was all over a bunch of forums, especially the Peavey forum itself. It wasn't just one or two amps here or there, it was a ton of them. It seemed like the people that had Vypyrs that weren't having problems were more the exception than the rule. It wasn't because of physical build quality as far as I could tell, it was because of their software. They claim to have stabilized their software now but I personally would be too leery to try it.

But there are people out there that have Vypyrs that work fine and they seem to really like them. I've also heard from various forums that the USB recording quality on them isn't the greatest, but really, if you decided to get one, as long as you keep the receipt then you should be good. And if it works for you and you really like the way it sounds, then great. It's always fun to find a new tool you can use and enjoy to help you make music.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Find that fucker who stole your rig and get his ass arrested. If you get your amp back, and it still works, hooray.

Can't do that? Go for the Vypyr 30, as it has USB support for recording and it has an actual guitar speaker for general purposes.

hell yeah to the first part

as far as USB on the Vypyrs you have to have at least a 60 or higher to get USB.

The Vypyr 60, the one I have, has power tubes and I really like the way it warms up the distortion. It sounds great cranked or at low volumes.

I bought mine used for $315. I wouldn't really have a hesitation on the warranty thing. The software issues, as mentioned, would be more likely anyway and those can be fixed via a download patch.

Mine does not have any issues that I am aware of. It does a good job of modeling the amps it sets out to model. Its not perfect - but I did not expect perfection either for $315.