Hi, i just bought a Jackson, RX10D it is my first guitar with a floyd, i have done quite a but of research about them prior to buying however, i changed the strings as soon as i got it, replacing one string at a time, then balancing the trem, i dont know what strings where on it beforehand but i have put Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottom Strings on, the flord is as close to parallel as i can get it and is in tune, my problem is, i have quite a bit of fret buzz, the action is quite high, well for me anyway, and when i tried lowering it it got worse obviously, when i got the action to a place where there was no buzz, it was just uncomfortable to play, where i have it at the moment there is an amount of buzz and its playable, but i would like a lower action, i checked my neck and it seems straight, what should i do next? truss rod adjustment or am i stick with it? (fret buzz is happening on most if not all frets unless i press down really hard)
fret the low E at the first fret, at the same time,
fret the low E at the last fret, around the 19th

with both places held, look at the middle frets, around the 7-9th.

is the string laying on the fret wire there?
is the string up from the fret wire there?

if so, does a medium pick or more fit in the gap?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
on the 7th fret there is almost no gap, i had to look for about five minutes to see the tiniest of gaps, a pick would not fit under, on the 5th and 9th fret there is a bigger gap but a pick would not fit under without touching and moving the string upwards
Quote by RobRemains
on the 7th fret there is almost no gap, i had to look for about five minutes to see the tiniest of gaps, a pick would not fit under, on the 5th and 9th fret there is a bigger gap but a pick would not fit under without touching and moving the string upwards

you can add relief if you want.

turn the truss rod 1/4 turn Counter clockwise.
dont force the turn and let the guitar settle in tune.

post back after measuring again later.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

well, i took off the truss rod cover and its not an ordinary truss rod, the ones ive seen before all are able to be adjusted with an alan key/hexagonal key, this dosent appear to be so with this guitar, any idea where/ how i would adjust this one?
yeah, if it's a bolt, you'll need a socket wrench that's basically meant for guitar.

the size will depend on the guitar make and model.

you'll want to google it to find out then
order one on ebay or stewmac.com.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

i have no idea where to find out what size the nut is :/ any ideas?
jackson rx10d
Quote by RobRemains
i have no idea where to find out what size the nut is :/ any ideas?
jackson rx10d

go to Jackson's site. go to faqs and ask customer service.

and check jackson, truss rod, wrench on google.

keep the model off the search for now.
to get an idea about size.

prob one of these...
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tools/Wrenches/Pocket_Truss_Rod_Wrenches.html
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62