How can I pull off a pinch/artificial harmonic without using any kind of pick?

Example: I have to pinch harmonic the G string, 7th fret without a pick.

I have no clue how i can achieve the harmonic while holding down the string at the 7th fret with my left hand. Anyone?
ggg1 ggg3

1. Use index finger like a pick
2. Do similar technique as normal

Or you could try a tapped harmonic.

Edit: Try shortening down that annoying ass signature, buddy.
Where's Waldo?
It'll just take practice. What I do is upstroke with my pointer and catch the A.H with my thumb. Kind of like spinning a top is a good analogy I guess.

Keep at it, you'll get it.
f your penis keeps dipping in the toilet water........just toss it over your right shoulder...
Take your right hand, hold it like an L, and place your index finger on the string 12 frets above wherever you need to get the harmonic, in this case the 19th fret, and while your finger is one the string, pluck it with your thumb.

Does that make sense?

Or are you talking about a standard pinch harmonic? 'Cause that just takes practice.
Last edited by Calymos at Oct 11, 2011,
Alright I'll try your ideas out.

@chadreed32: I cannot. The llamas prophecy must be fulfilled.

EDIT: sry I forgot to thank you guys! THANKS A MILLION!
ggg1 ggg3

Last edited by behind_you at Oct 11, 2011,
Another way I do sometimes when I'm playing slap bass is to whack the string with my thumb but let it sort of rest on the string a bit after the initial hit. Take a bit of work to get down though.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by TheBurningFish
Another way I do sometimes when I'm playing slap bass is to whack the string with my thumb but let it sort of rest on the string a bit after the initial hit. Take a bit of work to get down though.

That's also a good way but the harmonics in the songs that I'm trying to learn are too fast for this type of technique. Thanks anyway!
ggg1 ggg3

get a pick
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial