Having read:

What are some popular guitars that you hate?

I note, pretty much ALL guitars have been slagged off and wow why does Ibanez upset so many people?

Now if there are rational reasons to give certain guitars a miss . . . fire away

Hmm I don't fancy Black Knight 'cos its just a logo on top of an obscure Korean guitar. Who the heck is Black Knight - yeah that too
Ibanez gets shit bcoz of the necks; thin, wide, flat, and for using basswood on everything. It's silly, basswood comes in different grades, ibanez use high grade stuff for top of the line prestige guitars and the crap stuff for their low end RGs, and neck feel is subjective. I love ibanez necks and hate V-shaped necks found on old Fenders, modern Deans and DBZ guitars.
I could bag on the les Paul and SG being fundamentally flawed guitars, but why? Each to their own, I hate les pauls, anything with a gibson scale length, and with a tuneomatic that has a tailpiece, but that's me. I love fender, ibanez, jackson; anything strat or superstrat related. 25.5" scales or longer, flat bridges e.g. fender trems, floyds, ibanez edge, or low profile fixed bridges, and maple necks.
^ what the **** are you even talking about...use the edit button if you have more to add.

There's nothing wrong with basswood, you just contridicted yourself, yeah, they use low end basswood on their low end guitars, that makes perfect sense, good quality basswood on the higher end ones, I'd take high end basswood over any other cheap wood.

Also there is a thread with the exact question you're asking TS, like on the same page.
"what are some popular guitars you hate."

So much failure...it hurts.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Last edited by Tango616 at Oct 11, 2011,
Couldn't agree more about Les Pauls. They look beautiful, and for the most part sound beautiful, but goddamn they are a pain in the ass to get used to. The design is just hard to play on.
Quote by Tango616
^
There's nothing wrong with basswood, you just contridicted yourself, yeah, they use low end basswood on their low end guitars, that makes perfect sense, good quality basswood on the higher end ones, I'd take high end basswood over any other cheap wood.

A
So much failure...it hurts.

How is he contradicting himself at all? He was stating that people rag on Ibanez for their constant use of basswood. He stated that high end basswood was used on higher end models, and vice versa. He was stating facts to clarify a misconception, how is that a contradiction at all?
Quote by Tango616
^ what the **** are you even talking about...use the edit button if you have more to add.

Did not contradict myself, just explaining to the basswood haters, that like most guitar body woods, it comes in grades, and using blanket statement likes "ibanez are cheap coz they use basswood on nearly all their guitars" is a stupid thing to say
Quote by JTNorquay
How is he contradicting himself at all? He was stating that people rag on Ibanez for their constant use of basswood. He stated that high end basswood was used on higher end models, and vice versa. He was stating facts to clarify a misconception, how is that a contradiction at all?

You read my mind and posted before me
Im not a huge ibanez fan just because all of their guitars seem so thin and don't seem to have enough substance for me. Although I do have an RGT42 and I have to admit that it is pretty incredible, it just can't provide me with the grit I want sometimes. Its fantastic for leads though, but my LTD is great for leads and rhythm, much more versatile.
Quote by MonsterMetalMus
Im not a huge ibanez fan just because all of their guitars seem so thin and don't seem to have enough substance for me. Although I do have an RGT42 and I have to admit that it is pretty incredible, it just can't provide me with the grit I want sometimes. Its fantastic for leads though, but my LTD is great for leads and rhythm, much more versatile.

Play a prestige RGA and then you'll get some full bodied tones
/sarcasm

I avoid guitars with 4 or more tuners...

/end sarcasm

...whatever fits the budget play it, and upgrade when you can.
Quote by JTNorquay
Couldn't agree more about Les Pauls. They look beautiful, and for the most part sound beautiful, but goddamn they are a pain in the ass to get used to. The design is just hard to play on.

First electric I ever played, played for about two weeks, 70's model gibby les paul. Dunno anything more about it other than it was old and it was green. Five years later I finally realized thanks to that I'm more comfortable with a LP than a superstrat, which is mostly what I've been playing. Think of a guitar you'd find in GC you hate, I probably owned one for a while.

What I hate, Gibsons. Not all of em. Just 70% of em that were made in the last 4 years. Individual care doesn't exist to em with their new CEO. Dude's a plague that's gonna burn the company into the ground and I'm sure as hell not interested in playing a damn thing he's made. The Robot? Wonder how hard string 10-pack sales shot up thanks to that. Replacing the 1/4inch jack with a CAT5 cable? All digital pickups with onboard fx, eq, buncha shit all in a tiny solid state silicone crapchip. Thats if you pay retarded amounts of money for it. If not then you probably wound up with a POS that had chips and cracks in the pickup cavity, shitty neck installation, horrible buzz that seems by no means fixable, a jack that won't stay in place or soldered for that matter, and mediocre pickups to boot. Great reputation, so long. Nice knowin' ya.

Marshall amps. The overhype about their JCM's has given me nightmares. The MG series makes for a pretty funny joke until you have to go on stage in front of 1500 people and play one half-assed song through an MG50DFX. Played a JCM 800 half stack once. It was alright, but definitely one of those amps I'd have to **** with forever and waste $400 on pedals till I finally find what works for me. Too much effort, would much rather a JCA50H and an mxr 10 band eq.

Any and all guitars (with the exception of PRS) with a floating tremolo and no string locks. Dumbest ****ing idea ever. I wouldn't be able to resist bashing whoever came up with that one in the head.

Oh. And Licensed Floyd Rose bridges. Die. All of you.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Quote by Ishiga

Any and all guitars (with the exception of PRS) with a floating tremolo and no string locks. Dumbest ****ing idea ever. I wouldn't be able to resist bashing whoever came up with that one in the head.

So true, locking tuners at a minimum. But that's vintage correct faithfulness i suppose - referring to most strats (i.e. no locking tuners or locking nut)
I don't like SGs. They feel lovely, but the sound isn't anything special to me, and the balance factor is downright annoying!

Les Pauls sound lovely, but the weight of them is headwrecking. I've only played a handfull but the string tension always feels too tight.

Fender Strat, just never really liked the feel of them.