Page 1 of 2
We don't exist. I am everything and nothing at the same time.

Inb4 Futurama cowboy universe
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
I want to believe it. Therefore I do. Because I can't be arsed getting into a debate at 10 to 3 in the morning whilst I need a piss and a cig.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I read somewhere that astronomers believe they recently identified potential dents in the Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation that could have been caused from colliding "bubble universes". I'll try to find a source.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Last edited by DonGlover at Oct 11, 2011,
cant even solve basic problems in our own world, yet we worry about these things? people are silly and they come up with silly ideas.
Egnater Tweaker 40
Yamaha s412
Vox AC4TV
Fender Blues Jr. VIII

Fender MIM Jazzmaster
Fender MIM Telecaster
Ibanez GAX70
Ibanez VBT700
Epiphone Les Paul jr.
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute

Various Effects
Asparagus.
What do you get if you drop a piano down a mineshaft?
E--4-
B--4-
G--4-
D--6-
A--6-
E--4-
When you pour yourself a glass of soda, all the bubbles are universes, with time moving inside of them independent of the time in your universe. As they rise, they expand, until reaching the top where they pop.

Next time you drink a glass of soda, think about all the life forms you are destroying. Dick
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by genghisgandhi
It started as a nice little thought experiments but it's morphed into a pseudo-religion that's pretty much only maintained to sell books.

lol nah, I'm not saying I believe in it, but it is a credible theory used in quantum physics for example.
Quote by DonGlover
I read somewhere that astronomers believe they recently identified potential dents in the Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation that could have been caused from colliding "bubble universes". I'll try to find a source.

it was discussed on an episode of through the wormhole with morgan freeman.
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
As far as I know, it's incompatible with determinism, which I strongly believe in.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
If there are, I really don't care because they won't affect me in any way
GEAR
Squier Strat

Custom Audio Electronics MC404 CAE Wah
MXR Custom Badass '78 Distortion
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss RC-3 Looper

Marshall JVM 205C
Quote by rickyj
it was discussed on an episode of through the wormhole with morgan freeman.

Cool. I found the Gurzadyan and Penrose paper submitted at the Cornell library: http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1011/1011.3706.pdf

As well, I found a more recent peer review for it done by Amir Hajian of the Canadian Institute for Theoretical Astrophysics:http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/arxiv/pdf/1012/1012.1656v1.pdf

This will be interested to see it's further revelations.
A SIGNATURE.
Deterministic views of classical mechanics are you talking about or just like in general? Probability plays a huge role in QM
It cannot be true, because for every possibly reality to exist, there must be one where all the other realities do not exist therefor canceling each other out, there is also the possibility that we have learnt how to destroy realities in another reality and whiped them all out, but we're still here so thats impossible too. The list goes on.

We will never know the inner workings of time and space, just know that there is a good possibility you only have this one to live. So make the most of it instead of wasting time on things you dont understand.
Quote by High&Mighty
Deterministic views of classical mechanics are you talking about or just like in general? Probability plays a huge role in QM

Perhaps, but I believe that everything in the universe follows a predictable set of laws and behaviors, most of which we simply don't understand at the moment. But just because we can't define them doesn't mean it's entirely random.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by mr7string
It cannot be true, because for every possibly reality to exist, there must be one where all the other realities do not exist therefor canceling each other out, there is also the possibility that we have learnt how to destroy realities in another reality and whiped them all out, but we're still here so thats impossible too. The list goes on.

We will never know the inner workings of time and space, just know that there is a good possibility you only have this one to live. So make the most of it instead of wasting time on things you dont understand.

We've already made huge strides, whats to say we won't stop progessing?
It's possible, but you have to take it with a grain of salt. It's just a theory. It's cool to think about, and it's likely there are "layers" to reality (if you will) that we don't yet understand, calling them individual universes is a bold statement to make.

A universe doesn't have to be big or small, and size is relative. Take that into account when your mind starts thinking about the possibilities and suddenly it becomes endless to a new extreme.
Last edited by Slayton101 at Oct 11, 2011,
Quote by rgrockr
As far as I know, it's incompatible with determinism, which I strongly believe in.

Then what if each Universe just had a slightly different big bang?
Quote by voltafan485
cant even solve basic problems in our own world, yet we worry about these things? people are silly and they come up with silly ideas.

+1

Quote by mr7string

so there's one universe where we've destroyed them all but at least one that has not been destroyed but they've all been destroyed but at least one wasn't destroyed but...

you make a good point
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Last edited by Swannie at Oct 11, 2011,
Quote by rgrockr
Perhaps, but I believe that everything in the universe follows a predictable set of laws and behaviors, most of which we simply don't understand at the moment. But just because we can't define them doesn't mean it's entirely random.

That would still apply. It would just mean that the other universes may follow different sets of laws.
A SIGNATURE.
Quote by rgrockr

You're right, they aren't completley random, but you can not come up with certain accurate measurements in QM. The more accurate you are with one thing (position) you become less accurate at another measurement (momentum).
If there's an infinite number of universes, then technically in those universes i'm banging emma watson.. so yes.
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
Quote by Swannie

so there's one universe where we've destroyed them all but at least one that has not been destroyed but they've all been destroyed but at least one wasn't destroyed but...

you make a good point

There's also been a universe that has figured out another universe is planning to erase all the other universes, so wages war on that other universe. Inter-universe superheroes and villains.
Last edited by Aleene at Oct 11, 2011,
Quote by Ssargentslayer
There's not really a way to test/prove its existence so why bother ¯\_(ツ_/¯

Go back a couple hundred years...it didn't seem possible that humans could fly...why bother? Next thing you know you can traverse the world in a day or two and travel to the moon
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
Quote by Guitarist132
Go back a couple hundred years...it didn't seem possible that humans could fly...why bother? Next thing you know you can traverse the world in a day or two and travel to the moon

I thought the double slit was the big peice of evidence for the existance of the multiverse?
Quote by Ssargentslayer
There's not really a way to test/prove its existence so why bother ¯\_(ツ_/¯

By seeing a collision with another universe or seeing our universe rip apart into a smaller universe, we would have undeniable evidence of it. There are ways to prove it, but less to test it.

Quote by Zoot Allures
I thought the double slit was the big peice of evidence for the existance of the multiverse?

No, it demonstrates superposition and quantum interference along with other implications.
A SIGNATURE.
Last edited by DonGlover at Oct 11, 2011,
Page 1 of 2