So every time i play any note on the A string of my guitar it has a vibrato to it, but ONLY through an amp. It seems odd that it would be through the amp and only on that string. Any suggestions for problems/solutions? its an Ibanez RG 250DX
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
chorus?
Schecter Omen 6FR
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Line 6 spider IV15
Yamaha F325
no its straight guitar to amp. the A string and any note on it the pitch almost has a vibrato to it. it doesnt stay on one pitch. but only when its run thru the amp. there is no fret buzz either
im very confused
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Your amp might not like that frequency. Try a new amp, see if it persists.

Edit: misread. Its probably a pickup problem.
Where's Waldo?
Last edited by chadreed32 at Oct 11, 2011,
how would it be a pickup problem, its on all of them too. sorry i didnt mention that. and its with all my amps. well 2 outta 3 of them, my 3rd one isnt home
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
So it happens on all of your guitars and all of your amps?

Its obviously the last variable then, the cable.
Where's Waldo?
no it happens on all the pickup selections on my ibanez. sorry for the confusion. it doesnt happen with my other guitars
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Either all 3 of the pickups have the problem (unlikely), you have some faulty wiring in the guitar, You are playing with bad technique, or you are on drugs and its a hallucination.
Where's Waldo?
i dont think its the technique, its even like that open or with harmonics on it. i guess its just the wiring then. this is a recent problem tho so i have no idea what would have caused it. and im not on drugs haha
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
I mean, there are other variables that could cause this to happen, but I don't think any of them would only effect the A string.
Where's Waldo?
a decent amount of time ago. but this guitar sees very little playing if any at all
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Yeah i ditto the chorus thing.
G(g)od was like: "Make you an ark of gopher wood; rooms shall you make in the ark, and shall pitch it within and without with pitch."

And i was like: "What's gopher wood?"
I used to have the same problem with my high E string and after carefully inspecting the guitar I found out that the string wasn't settled in the nut like it should. The tension or something was causing the string to move to the side and therefore resonate uncomfortably. Check out your nut(s) and saddle thoroughly.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Quote by Lennon993
Yeah i ditto the chorus thing.

Quote by breakstuff
I used to have the same problem with my high E string and after carefully inspecting the guitar I found out that the string wasn't settled in the nut like it should. The tension or something was causing the string to move to the side and therefore resonate uncomfortably. Check out your nut(s) and saddle thoroughly.

Yeah, I was thinking something along the lines of this, but then I don't know why he would only be able to hear it through his amp. Must be really subtle.
Where's Waldo?
Last edited by chadreed32 at Oct 12, 2011,
Quote by chadreed32

Yeah, I was thinking something along the lines of this, but then I don't know why he would only be able to hear it through his amp. Must be really subtle.

Yeah, I think the anomalous sound it causes is quite subtle, I was barely able to detect mine by ear.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Film it, upload it, then we can have a better look.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
I was going to suggest that it was some sort of harmonic feedback caused by a frequency that your amp doesn't particularly agree with, but you've already discounted that. This is a very curious case.
ok. ill film it as soon as i get home, sorry i wish i could do it now i have a full day of classes today.
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Yeah, sounds fairly normal.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
The only time I hear it is when you actually play a vibrato. :') Maybe you unconsciously do vibrato's some times on the upper strings. Or something like that. :P
Quote by breakstuff
Check out your nut(s)

Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
well thats quite frustrating. i hear tho and im not going crazy. that much i know
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify