I just picked up this beauty the other day. it is a 1992 MIJ Rg470 in jewel blue. It has a wizard neck, v7,s1,v8 pickups, and an edge trem. I love the wizard neck, it feels better than the wizard II neck even though it is only a mm thinner. the stock pickups are pretty decent for being stock.
(Invalid img)
(Invalid img)
Attachments:
030.JPG
031.JPG
032.JPG
033.JPG
HNGD!

But 2 things:

1. This needs to be in EG
2. Holy shit hold the camera still!
Where's Waldo?
nice score.
A lot of people underlook the earlier 4 series guitars because they dont realise they have the edge trems instead of the crappy lo trs.
I have an s440 with an edge trem myself
sorry about posting in the wrong section and the shaky pics. coolstoryangus- the edge is rather incredible. the quality of the Japanese made guitars is amazingly superior to the Korean models that I'm used to.
Quote by greeny23
wheres the gear and accessories?! thats just a guitar!

Datsa what I'ma sayina!

And how often do you plan on changing your avatar?
Where's Waldo?
HNGD.

And don't forget that if you're going to adjust the action, take the tension off the strings first so you you don't kill the knife edges. The Edge can take it a little better than an Edge III, but that wouldn't be good for any of them.
HNGD! Love me some Ibanez.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
HNGD! I think the V pickups sound pretty decent for stock pickups too. They definitely blow away any other stock pickups that aren't a name brand.
HNGD!

One thing though- I'm pretty sure that's a 570. The 470 came with the TRS bridge and I don't think it ever came with the original Edge.

Also if it's a 470, I believe it says so on the back of the headstock.

Either that, or someone changed the bridge at some point, which I doubt.
Quote by Pac_man0123
HNGD!

One thing though- I'm pretty sure that's a 570. The 470 came with the TRS bridge and I don't think it ever came with the original Edge.

Also if it's a 470, I believe it says so on the back of the headstock.

Either that, or someone changed the bridge at some point, which I doubt.

The earlier rg470s from the late 80s early 90s did come with an edge tremolo system. It wasnt until near the mid 90s that they started putting the lo-trs monstrosity on there 400 series guitars. I've got an s440 that has an edge also, in chrome too!
Quote by W4RP1G
HNGD! I think the V pickups sound pretty decent for stock pickups too. They definitely blow away any other stock pickups that aren't a name brand.

Thanks, I would agree the pickups are likely some of the best stocks that I've played
PAC_Man- through my research I found the 570's of that year to have a lo-pro edge. Seems like the only difference I could see though
Quote by jerm_corn
Thanks, I would agree the pickups are likely some of the best stocks that I've played
PAC_Man- through my research I found the 570's of that year to have a lo-pro edge. Seems like the only difference I could see though

The 470 will have a jack plate mounted on the side, the 570 will have a flush mount output jack recessed into the body, and a small cavity on the back to allow access to it.

Simple, if it has 2 cavity covers on the back, it's a 470, if it has 3, it's a 570.
Its got the two covers and the jack plate. All signs point to it being a 470. Pics to follow when I get home.
Last edited by jerm_corn at Oct 12, 2011,
Quote by jerm_corn
Its got the two covers and the jack plate. All signs point to it being a 470. Pics to follow when I get home.

That's cool, you got the best generation of 470 ever made. It's basically a 570 with a jack plate instead of flush mount jack. After that they went to the Lo TRS and then to Korea.
pretty blue!
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dempsey68
pretty blue!

I love the color too. my rg320 is the same color too. its way lighter in direct light, it usually looks very dark blue.