View poll results: Got dat?
Yes
25 54%
No
32 70%
Hitlol
19 41%
Voters: 46.
I decided to make this thread since my eczema is being a bitch and now there are these rashes all over me, namely on my otherwise attractive face. So how about the rest of the Pit, is there anyone else out there with this terrible, terrible disease, and how are you coping? This thread is open to other allergic reactions as well.
I do not have eczema, but I do have seborrheic dermatitis on my face and scalp so I can imagine your pain.

I've found nothing that works on my scalp, but the steroidal triamcinolone acetonide topical ointment definitely helps my face
My God, it's full of stars!
Yay for cortisone!
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
I have Eczema that kind of comes and goes...like at certain times of the year it comes back, and its a bitch to get rid of, its always on my wrists. At it's worst my hands look 60 years older than the rest of me. And the itch....THE ITCH!
I picked yes, but I actually have some form of psoriasis, kinda looks like eczema.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I checked all 3 of them because I could, silly TS
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
I've been fortunate not to have any skin conditions, but I know a bunch of people that do. I feel really bad for them because it's such a nuisance to have to deal with it all the time
Quote by Primus2112
I picked yes, but I actually have some form of psoriasis, kinda looks like eczema.

I've got this too.

One of my marks looks like Pac-Man about to eat a dot. Seems pretty prophetic when one considers my love for video games.
Quote by namesroverrated

I don't think I have any skin diseases like that, but I get lots of dandruff occasionally and the skin on my face does this weird thing where in certain areas it dries up really easily and then falls off.
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
Quote by goest
I've got this too.

One of my marks looks like Pac-Man about to eat a dot. Seems pretty prophetic when one considers my love for video games.

lol

I wish I had cool marks, mine just look gross
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I'd go to a dermatologist.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Hmmm I dont have eczema or any skin rashes or anything, but ive always had freckles (idk if thats how its spelled) and i hate it (im a man) and not only in my face but in my arms and stuff, im not super covered, but i hate my skin, i cant get a tan and these freckles are really annoying i feel like a pussy.
My Gear:
Oh wait, no one cares

"Buckethead is probably twice as good a guitar player as me and Slash combined" - Dave Mustaine
Quote by blake1221
I am so fortunate as to not have Eczema.

Woot for lack of skin conditions!

You should breed more, it is the only way.

Quote by Dreadnought
do not have eczema, but I do have seborrheic dermatitis on my face and scalp so I can imagine your pain.

I've found nothing that works on my scalp, but the steroidal triamcinolone acetonide topical ointment definitely helps my face

The sad thing is, triamcinolone used to work really well for me, but I guess I was exposed to whatever the hell I'm allergic to (I don't even know) frequently, so my skin isn't as responsive to it. It's the only medicine I have, though.

Quote by St Pedr0
I have Eczema that kind of comes and goes...like at certain times of the year it comes back, and its a bitch to get rid of, its always on my wrists. At it's worst my hands look 60 years older than the rest of me. And the itch....THE ITCH!

The itching is terrible. I find myself just scratching and when I notice, it's too late and I can't stop until the urge is all the way gone. And mine is somewhat seasonal as well.

Quote by namesroverrated

I did this to attract readers. News of this thread will spread rapidly, not unlike skin rashes.

Quote by CodChick
I've been fortunate not to have any skin conditions, but I know a bunch of people that do. I feel really bad for them because it's such a nuisance to have to deal with it all the time

Today was the first time someone pointed out my rashes to me and it felt really bad. They were saying that they have dermatitis too, but the fact that it was so obvious really brought me down.
Quote by Fullmetalzawa

The sad thing is, triamcinolone used to work really well for me, but I guess I was exposed to whatever the hell I'm allergic to (I don't even know) frequently, so my skin isn't as responsive to it. It's the only medicine I have, though.

That sucks man. I'm less self-conscious now than I used to be as regards my scalp, but whenever the skin around my nose and under my eyes would "flare up", as it was wont to do, and I didn't have a viable treatment I would become very self-conscious.

Surely there are other steroidal options you can consider?
Quote by KewlBeans
Hmmm I dont have eczema or any skin rashes or anything, but ive always had freckles (idk if thats how its spelled) and i hate it (im a man) and not only in my face but in my arms and stuff, im not super covered, but i hate my skin, i cant get a tan and these freckles are really annoying i feel like a pussy.

Man up. I'm half Irish, and chicks dig the freckles.

Also, yeah, some sort of eczema on my arms and armpits. Sort of faded after puberty, but its still there a little bit. I think the weather screws with it.
Quote by Dreadnought
That sucks man. I'm less self-conscious now than I used to be as regards my scalp, but whenever the skin around my nose and under my eyes would "flare up", as it was wont to do, and I didn't have a viable treatment I would become very self-conscious.

Yeah, it fucking sucks when its around your eyes. Mine is:

The insides of my elbows
My neck and some of my chest
Around my eyes. Like, my entire eye socket

Cortisone creams seem to keep it in check well enough, but there was a span of months last year where I couldn't afford them at all. I'd wake up in the middle of the night bloody because I was scratching it in my sleep. Fucking sucks.
^ Wow that sounds significantly worse than mine. Have you tried triamcinolone acetonide?
I just clicked all of them because I could.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by Dreadnought
^ Wow that sounds significantly worse than mine. Have you tried triamcinolone acetonide?

I still really don't have the money. As it is right now, I can just use cortisone if it flares up, and keep it moisturized while it isn't to keep it from flaring up.

I'd love to go to a dermatologist, but apparently my deadbeat father doesn't even know my birthday, so I still technically don't have insurance.
Quote by Dreadnought

The dermatologist I visited said there were other options past triamcinolone acetonide, but I've read that prolonged use of strong steroids has some questionable side effects, so I'd rather go about getting an allergy test and dealing with my environment. Maybe that will even reverse the weak effect steroids have on me.
Last edited by Fullmetalzawa at Oct 12, 2011,
I used to get it, but don't anymore.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by KewlBeans

this is a suprisingly funny post in a semi-serious thread. if you're serious it just makes it funnier

anyway, thankfully I don't have any skin conditions. I can't even imagine how it would feel to have any, not just for the annoyance of itchiness, but the looks people give and things they say would be pretty hard to deal with, especially for something you have no control over. I hope the best for you guys that have any skin conditions it might not be as bad as cancer, but people can still be cruel.

this thread has made me glad acne and an itchy scalp are the worst I've had to deal with.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by Dreadnought

I was told by my doctor (not a dermatologist, mind you) to get Selsen Blue and rub it on my body before bed twice a week for four weeks and it (pretty certain it's not eczema, mind you) would get killed dead.

Silly doctor. Like I'm gonna be able to sleep smelling like an ashtray and feeling like a placenta.
Quote by Dirge Humani
*Black Body Builder*

How does he wipe? His arms can't move that way. Otherwise, I'm checking in for today.
Last edited by Fullmetalzawa at Oct 12, 2011,
Sometimes I have an allergic reaction to plastic and non-precious metals but not very often.

Eczema sucks though And yeah, having people point things like that out to you is such a downer
cat
I've only had it pointed out to me twice. Once was in school, someone said:
"bro, whats on your neck?"
me: "just a rash"
"doesn't it itch?"
me: "more than you can imagine"
"shit"

And the second time I was just out with someone and they saw my arms. Didn't really get self conscious either time, but probably because they didn't treat me like a leper or something.

Oh, but one more annoying thing: Hair won't grow on it. And because its down on my chest a little bit, there's patches where hair won't grow :|
Last edited by Dirge Humani at Oct 12, 2011,
Yeah, what you said doesn't sound too bad. It's worse if they make it seem really strange or pity you or something
cat
I get it worse in cold weather, so it's starting to get pretty bad now. I get it slightly around my eyes and all in my eyebrows, across my back/shoulders/chest and I swear I'm starting to get it on my thighs, but maybe that's some other itch
I used to use hydrocortisone and some moisturiser that my ex kept buying me and it kept it in check enough that I wasn't constantly picking at my skin.
Quote by Banjocal
I used to get it, but don't anymore.

I'm pretty much the same, though I still get tiny bits every now and then.

It used to be horrendous though. Apparently, when I was a baby, I was pretty much entirely covered. I'm glad I don't remember that. I do remember getting it pretty badly on the back of my knees and shit though.

Also, because of my eczema, I got shingles in secondary school. That was fun.

I'm not actually being sarcastic there, it wasn't particularly bad, and I got like 2 weeks off school
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
I got pretty bad eczema on my scalp. Though the doctors don't even know if it's psoriasis or eczema. Nothing works to treat it.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.