I'm attempting to learn One and some numbers are smaller.

Also how to you do ghost notes? Do you pick lightly with your right hand, or do you mute slightly with your right hand.. or somethin.. :O
I think ghost notes are not meant to be played at all,you just feel that they are present.

Also,which tab are you referring to? Maybe we can help if you give the tab.
Gear:
Ibanez RGT6EX
Line 6 Spider 3 15
Hobner 265

Quote by Lost Dog
People absolutely love to see horrible accidents and murders, as well as any sort of fighting really. Just look at the news. We wouldn't watch it if it was boring.
I think the small numbers are grace notes.
A ghost note on for example the 3rd fret is played by fretting the 3rd fret normally, and at the same time muting the fret by softly resting the next finger on the next fret. Hope you understand what I meant here =)
Quote by simba1312
I think ghost notes are not meant to be played at all,you just feel that they are present.
Then why write them in the score?

They're meant to be played very quietly.
There shouldn't be any small numbers in tab, they should all be in a monospace font of regular size... unless you're looking at a GP or something.

Some kind of actual example would be good.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Grace notes, in the case of guitar tab books, are notes which have almost no duration; they are too short/abrupt to warrant a separate stem.

Here is an example of a grace note in the first bar and the exact same note in the second but tabbed without using the grace note (pay particular attention to the standard notation):

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa336/616e6f6e/grace.png

The notes show 1 hammering on to 2, in case it's unclear in the image.

Ghost notes have various functions that I know of. One function is to show that a note is to be held across bars, another is to imply a note which isn't played or to show a note which is barely audible. At least this is what I've encountered in my own experiences, my theory knowledge is quite limited though.

If you're learning a song you know well you can just listen for the moment in the song which corresponds to the ghost note in question and see what happens.
Quote by Jesse Clarkson
Then why write them in the score?

They're meant to be played very quietly.

In his defense, they vary in overall application as tabbing has some subtle differences in use, particularly when getting a certain sound out of a program. There are some situations where people just use ghost notes to hold out a note for an elaborate amount of time in guitar pro or something.

But yeah, ghost notes are supposed to be almost unnoticeable and are sometimes even optional (depending on your loyalty to the initial composition). It's always best to listen to the song though - tabs can be deceiving. That's common sense, though.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by luxeion
I'm attempting to learn One and some numbers are smaller.

Also how to you do ghost notes? Do you pick lightly with your right hand, or do you mute slightly with your right hand.. or somethin.. :O

The smaller numbers are grace notes. Rhythmically they have no value.

A ghost note in tab is bracketed, and it means you should fret the note but not pick it. It is NOT the same as hammering on from nowhere, which would actually cause the note to sound.

A ghost note should be fretted gently so that it's barely audible. Despite this, they still add a lot of feel to the piece of music.
Quote by MaddMann274
I think you're referring to grace notes, not ghost notes. :|

He was asking about both.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Ok umm fret a ghost note lightly with left hand annd do a grace note really really quickly.. Yey I learned something new today .. ^-^ Thanks so much for for your help everyone !