Page 1 of 2
I will admitting to thinking the old 80s warlocks without the widow headstock with maple fretboard are cool, 80s and OTT.

Mainly because of W.A.S.P.

There i said it.

Also the squier hello kitty strat has a certain van halen quality to the configuration.
Not really the guitar itself buuuut the features of it.

People complain all the time about stock Ibanez hardware, I don't get what all the blow up is about It's good for all I care.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
As much crap Ibanez guitars get, I love em to death....you really get what you pay for....
"Well, yeah, sometimes I get a little too creative."
~Bruce Dickinson~

-------------------------
"Various equipments"
Gibson Zoot Suit SG.

I have one, and it's great. :]
Gibson Zoot Suit in Rainbow
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000

Where are the ladies, man?
Schecter gets a lot of hate around here because of there popularity and overpriced prices in europe. Infact i lead the charge...
but my c1 elite is damn good!

I only paid 300 for it though... Not 899 like a shitty hellraiser. It'll blow a hellraiser out the water with my nailbombs.

^ That guitars only hated cause its got zoot in the name.
Fender Stratocaster XII

Reverse Flying V (Just because it is unique)

Gibson Zoot Suit SG (Psychedelic Awesomeness)

SX Guitars
Gear:
Fender FSR Standard Stratocaster SSS (MIM Gilmour Black Strat) -
Agile AL-2000 CSB -
Fender Super Champ XD -
Homemade Talkbox -
THE BORG COLLECTIVE
people seem eternally unhappy with the RG series because of the edgeIII and such. i've had no issues with it and i love my RG350 just as much as my PRS
those damn gibsons.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I like some schecters, but only a little. I like ibby, as I do ESP. I know they suck, but I don't mind them.

Quote by DimebagZappa
Rg's, ziphos, razorback, PRS, Teles, ML's.
Nt soor is srs
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Banjocal
I like some schecters, but only a little.

There hit and miss i've found but main issue is price in europe.
Ibanez arent really hated as such. The likes of the rg350 do get some crap because of the crappy trem yeah, but the thing is if you buy a new one of them you can afford a used rg570 which is a better instrument.
Last edited by coolstoryangus at Oct 12, 2011,
Quote by Banjocal
I like some schecters, but only a little. I like ibby, as I do ESP. I know they suck, but I don't mind them.

Nt soor is srs

Oh cmon, so many ppl rag on prs for their 'flamboyant' tops and inlays.

Quote by Banjocal

Nt soor is srs
^ Well, they are good for the price in the US. I've already said my bit on why I've opted out on buying them in the past, and it concerns money as you say. They are pretty nice guitars though. The abalone is a bit excessive at times, mind you

Well, £400 and upwards, I think Ibby are pretty good. I tried a 7 a while back, and it played damn well. Sounded like shit, but it played well, and I liked it.

Outta interest what do you guys think of Jackson guitars?

Quote by DimebagZappa
Oh cmon, so many ppl rag on prs for their 'flamboyant' tops and inlays.

>aesthetic over playability and value for money
I can't remember if you were a troll or not...

eh.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Last edited by Banjocal at Oct 12, 2011,
still waiting for someone to say they love bc rich
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Squires. They're really not that bad once you set them up properly.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
^^^ I actually like bc rich, I have too 2 and have had no problems with either of them. Only a couple shapes i dont like
Down they come
The swarm of locusts
Skies above
Converge to choke us
Feast of souls
Consume the harvest
Young and old
Suffer unto the locust
Any of Gibson's robot tuning guitars. Except the Firebird X because that one looks hideous. :P
Professional lurker since 2009.
TL;DR Version of the 2 page essay I just wrote on here and realized nobody would read it...

Schecter
Too much abalone
I don't give a ****, I like it

PRS
Baseball bat necks
I don't give a ****, I like it

Line 6 Spider 4 Amp
Sounds like ****
I don't give a ****, I plug my iPod into it while I wash my cars
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
still waiting for someone to say they love bc rich

12 years ago I thought the BC Rich warlocks were the tits, but then ago I started playing guitar 12 years ago and Slipknot was the big thing for me...ah memories!

My favorite commonly hated guitar is the Hello Kitty strat, some many things wrong with it yet I would totally play one
Everyone's always hating on my MIM strat. But I don't get it, because it sounds really damn good. It's really wonky right now, because I accidentally screwed it up a lot, but it was (and will be once I get it set up again) really great. And they all rave over Squier strats, and misc. offbrand crap. So I dunno. :/
Quote by coolstoryangus
Squiers are awesome. Especially japan and classic vibes.
May be a tad biased here though.

Yeah, but those japan squiers were in a league of their own. I would rate them in the same sort of level of quality and playability as a fender american *fanboyism*. Build quality was significantly better back them, so you can't really group them with the Squiers of today.
Quote by TextOnTheScreen
So these people hate on your MIM, but rave over cheap Squiers? They sound slightly jealous.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Last edited by Banjocal at Oct 12, 2011,
Quote by Banjocal

So these people hate on your MIM, but rave over cheap Squiers? They sound slightly jealous.

Yeah. They say stupid things like "I paid less than one hundred dollars for mine, and then another fifty for the new pickup, and I like it more than yours. And you paid like a thousand dollars." Could be jealousy, could just be they don't know anything. Could be brain tumors. You never know.
i like pointy as long as they're not crazy pointy (e.g. bc rich mockingbird is great, beast is not)

also my bc rich mockingbird is very nice (though admittedly it's one of the czech-made ones)

also like superstrats a lot... not entirely sure they're hated online, but some people are a bit suspicious of them.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'll admit to really liking BC Rich Warlocks with the Widow headstock. Black paint, black hardware, white binding all around *drool*. Same with Mockingbirds, minus the Widow headstock. Also a fan of their Virgin shape, but only with the Widow headstock. However, I'd only buy a nice used high-end or if I had the cash I'd get it custom built. From what I've played, their quality in sub-$600 dollar guitars really sucks ass. Really, REALLY hate the Beast and War-Beast and that stupid ****ing U-shaped headstock.

I've always been curious how the acoustic Warlock and Mockingbird plays/sounds.

Oh, and Kerry King's V is nice, minus the tribal paint job.

*Prepares fire extinguisher*
just looked up the Zoot Suite Gibson SG...normally not a fan of the SG shape at all, but I would totally pay for that...frikken sweet.

I have to say that I too, like the the ibanez RG series...I find very few things wrong with them...

That being said, I share in the Schecter hate..jus' sayin'.
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
ESP. Though, not being a fanboy at all, I don't understand how anyone can not like, or at least not respect ESP. They have literally every style of guitar.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by coolstoryangus
Schecter gets a lot of hate around here because of there popularity and overpriced prices in europe. Infact i lead the charge...
but my c1 elite is damn good!

I only paid 300 for it though... Not 899 like a shitty hellraiser. It'll blow a hellraiser out the water with my nailbombs.

^ That guitars only hated cause its got zoot in the name.

Also, my C-1 Elite would easily be on par with the higher end Hellraisers and whatnot with a pickup change.

People just hate all these Schecters because of the grotesque amount of abalone.. Which I like.

But also because of all the 14 year old metalheads going OMG SCHKETR R TEH BR00TZ. N33D EHMGZ.

I hate EMGs
Iron bird and the random stars.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
Quote by gregs1020
*Leaves with a black thing in the middle*

Hey man, I really like the sound leaves make when you step on them. If you run its like death metal.

I really, really like non twangy telecasters. The Jim root tele in white I'm not saying I dislike regular tele's too. just everyone hates the non tele, tele.

Also, why does everyone forget that the Blackjacks in schecters line exist? not a single bit of abalone on them.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Ibanez Rg's
Quote by Lord_Doku
The entire Spider line sounds like a trashcan getting humped by a fire truck while it's in the garbage disposal unit.

Basically...
I found out about Schecter after I got my C-1 Exotic Star. I liked it cuz it has a quilted top and and no inlays except for the 12th. Every time I read "I hate Schecterz" I get a little sad cuz I like mine (even if I want to sell it )
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
I haven't minded the Schecters I've played. Frets were kind of small and the neck kind of sticky, but I don't think they're nearly as bad as some here say.
BC rich mockingbird is a hell of a guitar, and the super high end ones are sexy as hell
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
The ESP Explorer shape. I suppose not really hated, but from what I've read and seen, most people here prefer the original Explorer shape and think the pointy ESP version is fugly. I personally think it looks as awesome as the original shape, and find it way more comfortable to play (the main reason I prefer it).
Quote by Eppicurt
Not really the guitar itself buuuut the features of it.

People complain all the time about stock Ibanez hardware, I don't get what all the blow up is about It's good for all I care.

Yeah, I find stock Ibby pickups to be really nice, TBH, my friend's ART100 has the best pinch harmonics I've heard of any guitar(and anyone who complains about Ibby pickups but finds nothing wrong with Epi's pickups has issues IMO). And I like BC Rich Mockingbirds and Warlocks lookswise and find Dean MLs to be rather comfortable guitars to play. And I think DiMarzio Evos are absolutely killer pickups. xD
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Page 1 of 2