http://soundcloud.com/jormarg/one-last-time
We're already planning on re-recording the acoustic guitar (it's a bit out of tune), changing that piccolo snare for a regular snare and lowering the reverb on the voice.

Still I think the chorus lacks power or weight, I dunno if that's just me, what can you guys suggest that we could use? Distorted/overdriven guitars? Power chords? Regular chords? Strings? Any ideas are welcome, thanks!

Thanks!
Current Gear:
Peavey Zodiac DE Scorpio (Bass)
Yamaha RBX-170 (Bass)
Boss ODB-3 (Overdrive Pedal)
Line 6 LowDown 150 (Amp)
You added drums, but the guitar kinda dropped off. Why? The best way to add more power is to just add more power. It sounds so tentative. Don't do that, just be powerful. I know that sounds obvious, but that's really the solution.
The vocals are really good and I agree with your reverb comment. Perhaps an overdriven guitar pushed back behind the vocals would fill it out a bit. But a spot in the song to put one in separate from the music might be better. I liked the song. The vocals had a Cranberries feel to it.

I have 3 songs up for C4C now. I know you didn;t put C4C in your post, but if you'd check out one of them and leave a comment it would be appreciated....

Baldwin Park (blues)
Sneaky (chill)
Some Bird (easy listening)
Definitely add some louder guitars in the chorus. I suggest layering up three guitars, pan one to the left, one centre and one to the right. That should beef it up. Another trick for ambient sounds is to have one or two high notes alternate picked, then add as much reverb as you possibly can with a bit of delay. That will add a shimmering, synth like quality to it and would definitely fill it out a bit.

Hope that helps.
Well the drums need to be louder, I would use a different snare as well, that piccolo kind of snare never gives me the power I want, and the hi-hats/cymbals should be higher in the mix. The bass needs to be lower, and over it should be a much louder, stronger, guitar part. The bass is a little too complicated for the chorus, the end result sounds cluttered which makes it lose power, just do a simple strong rhythm, and use the high bass parts towards the end of the bar or during a vocal break.

my suggestions
so when you guys say I should add guitars you mean distorted/overdriven guitars or another acoustic track?

oh and thanks and I can and will C4C if you post links BTW!
Current Gear:
Peavey Zodiac DE Scorpio (Bass)
Yamaha RBX-170 (Bass)
Boss ODB-3 (Overdrive Pedal)
Line 6 LowDown 150 (Amp)
Quote by Silveroon009
so when you guys say I should add guitars you mean distorted/overdriven guitars or another acoustic track?

oh and thanks and I can and will C4C if you post links BTW!

Depends, with the quality of your acoustic recording I would say add electric/distorted guitars, it'll sound more powerful. Unless you can get an acoustic really clean and strong. Or you could wait until the last chorus to put them in.