Is this possible? My KV2s binding aged a bit and I want it to be white. I don't mind aged binding on guitars in general but it looks weird on the KV2 therefore I want to make it white. Any suggestions?
Paint it with a little brush?
Quote by durhamdynamo
I like my coffee like I like my women.

Covered in bees!
If your KV is finished in nitro then theres your culprit. im pretty sure nitro yellows as it ages, so eveything underneath the finsihing coat is perfet but the nitro is yellowing. so youd have to refinish the nitro atleast to get it white again.

i dont have any experience with jackson USA so i have no idea what they use to finish their guitars.
^ No, Jacksons are all poly finished.

TS, are you sure that it was white to begin with? As far as I know all of the binding on USA Jacksons is ivoroid.
Well mines actually second hand so im not sure if exactly what color the binding was. Since its a Black Ghost Flame finish I'm pretty sure that the neck binding should have been white to begin with.
i'm pretty sure you're wrong.

Jackson uses an "ivoroid" binding which is off-white (a little yellowish) in color.

EDIT: or a black binding on the DK2M. the only way it ever might have began life as pure white is if it says "Custom Shop" on the head stock.
Last edited by rebar71 at Oct 13, 2011,
Quote by rebar71
i wasn't aware that Jackson "went downhill."

Their era was around the 80s where it peaked and then started to disappear. Fender then bought them then quality started to drop. Thats why Pre-fender models are alot more expensive
Quote by MeLodicDethMTL
Their era was around the 80s where it peaked and then started to disappear. Fender then bought them then quality started to drop. Thats why Pre-fender models are alot more expensive

Fender bought Jackson in 2002.

Guess your guitar sucks.
Quote by Pac_man0123
Fender bought Jackson in 2002.

Guess your guitar sucks.

Im mainly talkin bout the import series. The USA is fine. There is quite a gap between the quality of a USA and pro series. If you've ever tried you'll notice. But i've gotta praise jackson in terms of playability as the pro series stuff are quite okay.
Huh? The quality of the import lines fell when they stopped producing the guitars with 'pro' on the headstock. This was around 1996. They had been so good that they were detracting from USA-series sales. It was this late '90s period, under AKAI ownership, that most Jackson fans consider to be the low point of the company.

Once FMIC bought them in 2002 things started to improve. They brought in major upgrades to the Japanese models in 2006, and they've better now than they've been at any point in the last 15 years. The only downside is that the prices have gone up quite a bit recently.

All this "Pre-fender" stuff is bollocks. People who own a pre-fender Jackson claim that they're better just to try to jack up their value. Really, the FMIC buyout made little difference to the quality of production - after all, the guitars were still built by the same guys before and after. The guys building custom shops (like Mike Shannon and Pablo Santana) have been building Jacksons since the '80s.

The changeover had very little effect on the company's day to day operation. In fact, FMIC let Jackson operate fairly independently, and as long as a profit comes in, they're happy.