Amnesty: Canada should arrest George W. Bush when he visits next week

Page 1 of 3
I loled at this news article.

Amnesty International Canada says the federal government should arrest former U.S. president George W. Bush when he visits British Columbia next week.

The rights body says both Canadian and international law oblige Canada to detain Bush and investigate him for war crimes and torture.

Amnesty Canada's secretary general, Alex Neve, says Bush admits in his memoirs that he authorized the use of torture against terror suspects.

Neve says the Americans used a variety of torture methods, including waterboarding, beatings and sleep deprivation.

He says Amnesty has sent a lengthy document to the federal government, outlining its responsibilities under international law.

Bush and former president Bill Clinton are scheduled to attend an economic conference in Surrey, B.C., next week.

I say it's a bit too late. Someone should have arrested Bush before he was re-elected. Now the damage has already been done.
ggg1 ggg3

I don't understand why they would arrest him?
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Oct 12, 2011,
That would be awesome, shame those gutless, weak-kneed Canadians probably won't do it.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Sounds like quite the amBUSH.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Why would Canada have the authority to arrest him for crimes committed in the US?
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
>assuming Canada has some sort of authority.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
They were going to try and arrest Tzipi Livni when she came to the UK but the new government specifically changed the laws to prevent it.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Because he's comitted war crimes, right? I guess any country can arrest over international law.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
It's been about 200 years since we last invaded Canada. Will make for some great new South Park episodes.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by ikitson
What? Gay guys on horses? I don't get your point.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433

Thanks for clarifying my point.
The Mounties have international jurisdiction but only for crimes committed within Canadian borders.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by ikitson
Thanks for clarifying my point.
You're point is that Canadians are gay guys on horses?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
You're point is that Canadians are gay guys on horses?

Sorry this is a serious thread so I guess I'll leave.

And I don't have a point.
Quote by element4433

http://www.cracked.com/article_18572_6-organizations-you-didnt-know-were-secretly-badass.html

actually you don't wanna **** with these guys. in a wu tang kind of "don't wanna **** with" way
Well i'm generally for war criminals being brought to justice, so yes, they should.

If the same rules the US applies to everyone else were applied to itself then the white house would be a pile of burning rubble.
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Oct 12, 2011,
Bush snorts his nightly coke line only to pass out and wake up in the Hague the next day.
Amnesty International, how about dat amnesty?
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by suicidalpoptart
No

Get the **** out.

On a srs note: I think we SHOULD, but I don't think we will because Canada has a reputation for being a bunch of pussies when it comes to shit like this.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Yeah that's them saying, hey! those guys! they went to war! they probably killed some people! murder is illegal! arrest that man!

It's just a huge wishy-washy claim. Much more legitimate claims have been thrown out of court, that's if it even gets brought forward.
Isnt gonna happen. Our prime minister basically sucked gw's ****.
But wouldnt it be nice?

Just in: Bc rcmp have arrested gw bush for crimes against humanity.
Shortly after capture he was raped by the marijuana guard bears repeatedly while Obama watched via webcam laughing very heartilly. Soon afterwards was put on trial in the Hague and hung. Watch the hanging live on Cnn tonight!
Last edited by DimebagZappa at Oct 12, 2011,
Well, he was due to come and talk in Geneva, and ended up cancelling, largely because there was a very strong movement to arrest him for war crimes. So maybe it could work.
Quote by Draken
Bush snorts his nightly coke line only to pass out and wake up in the Hague the next day.

ggg1 ggg3

Quote by metalblaster
Yeah that's them saying, hey! those guys! they went to war! they probably killed some people! murder is illegal! arrest that man!

It's just a huge wishy-washy claim. Much more legitimate claims have been thrown out of court, that's if it even gets brought forward.

No. It's like saying 'hey this guy authorized the torture of suspects. That is illegal under international law. This guy should at least face court over his actions.'
No, international law doesn't have a shit tonne of authority, but still, it's not that wishy-washy. Torture is illegal, war is legal. killing people during combat is legal, torture of war criminals is not.

muledit:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justifiable_homicide
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by mulefish
No. It's like saying 'hey this guy authorized the torture of suspects. That is illegal under international law. This guy should at least face court over his actions.'
No, international law doesn't have a shit tonne of authority, but still, it's not that wishy-washy. Torture is illegal, war is legal. killing people during combat is legal, torture of war criminals is not.

muledit:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justifiable_homicide

And they just assumed the rcmp would go on ahead and arrest this guy and not face a permanent shitstorm which would most likely completely **** alot of our shit up as far as relations to say the least all the while knowing they would most likely let him go?

Come on, people much lower than him get away with much worse.
A week-long sleep deprivation cycle is more fucked up of an experience than any drug you can an will ever take.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
They should, but they won't. Amnesty are just reminding people that he's a cunt who did cuntish things to people because he's a cunt.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by darkstar2466
A week-long sleep deprivation cycle is more fucked up of an experience than any drug you can an will ever take.

You're not shittin'...
Getting like 4 hours of sleep for a couple days gets me feeling really weird and it's ****ing scary, let alone an hour for 7 days.
Quote by Norse Thrasher
You're not shittin'...
Getting like 4 hours of sleep for a couple days gets me feeling really weird and it's ****ing scary, let alone an hour for 7 days.

When I don't sleep much for an extended period I just feel like shit :/
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Fukken do it floppyheads
Quote by Ur all $h1t
They should, but they won't. Amnesty are just reminding people that he's a cunt who did cuntish things to people because he's a cunt.

Cheney. Bush was just kind of an idiot who was convinced to do idiotic things. Cheney was Darth here

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Page 1 of 3