Putting a single coil and a single coil sized humbucker together(like a regular humbucker) in a neck humbucker spot?

The Idea would be to have a 5 way switch, have the bridge for rhythm, the "middle" humbucker for leads(sweeping an whatnot), and the neck single for cleans on an HH guitar. I know this is more feasible on an SSH configuration, but I've grown to like a humbucker in the neck for leads, and I don't really like humbucker cleans.
framus did it on one of their models a while back (i haven't tried it, though)

http://www.framus.de/modules/produkte/produkt.php?submenuID=21340&katID=11043&linkID=17998&cl=EN
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks that's pretty awesome. That guitar looks amazing too. I don't understand why they used a 3 way switch and a push pull for the neck though.

I can't think of any downside to doing this.
Quote by W4RP1G
Thanks that's pretty awesome. That guitar looks amazing too. I don't understand why they used a 3 way switch and a push pull for the neck though.

I can't think of any downside to doing this.

dunno why they did that either. I guess it's just another way to do it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
sounds like it'll be very interesting indeed.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Lace Sensor has a pickup like that already . it's two singles together that can be used as a humbucker or split into individual pickups. fender used then in the early 90s for it's first jeff beck model strat. SD has a pup that can be a humbucker/single coil/p-90 as well. oh and Hamer had the triple bucker that could things like that as well.
I like it. Only think I'd be worried about is too much magnet pull, but that won't necessarily be a problem.
Quote by monwobobbo
Lace Sensor has a pickup like that already . it's two singles together that can be used as a humbucker or split into individual pickups. fender used then in the early 90s for it's first jeff beck model strat. SD has a pup that can be a humbucker/single coil/p-90 as well. oh and Hamer had the triple bucker that could things like that as well.

Well, I guess that's another way to go about it. I guess it makes more sense to just tape 2 singles together and run them in series, and then add a coil split for the 1st position.

The question it, does 2 singles in series together sound as good as a normal humbucker? I could make the inner coil RWRP, but in the end, it's not a traditional humbucker without a bar magnet and nickel pole pieces.
A rail pickup sounds closer to a full size humbucker than a split humbucker sounds like a regular single coil.

That's my experience, at least. I don't think Lace singles sound like regular single coils, either. Their humbuckers give you two sounds split and series, but neither of them are the traditional pickup sounds to me. They're close, but not traditional.
Well, I decided to try and make a real humbucker from 2 single coils. One of the singles is from my Mexi strat, it is reverse wound and has ceramic magnets epoxied on the bottom, P90 style. The other is a GFS 60s repro bridge single. It's normal wound and polarity. I removed the magnets from the mexi single, taped them together, and put an A5 magnet on the bottom like a humbucker. This would theoretically work like a humbucker in series, and be a true single coil split, but GFS single magnets are about twice as strong as the Mexi bar magnet. This is fixable if I use a ceramic magnet, though I don't know how A5 and ceramic would sound together. Also, there's about 1k ohm difference between the pickups, with the mexi being stronger. I'd prefer it the other way around, but oh well.

The only problem is it's humongous, so I'd either have to trim it down and relocate the leads, or find a guitar with a pickguard and a swimming pool route. Either one is not ideal because I don't want to spend money or butcher a good GFS single coil.