QUESTION : to all musician out there... I am new in music writing and i just want to know if there is any program that can calculate a missing note? example I have three 16th note and three 8th note... what note do i need to make it whole? thanks if theres none is there any easy way to calculate it?
We are Musician
Not a Magician
Tuxguitar can and that's free.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Last edited by Silent Murder at Oct 12, 2011,
These guys are right. But it's not the most difficult thing to figure out.

By the way, you need a sixteenth note and a quarter note.
Quote by Jet Penguin

Is that a double dotted quarter note? Seriously, I'm just trying to make sure. I've got a rhythm quiz in music theory and I'm brushing up.
thanks, already using guitar pro 6 and a bar goes on red when its not on whole note!
We are Musician
Not a Magician
Quote by Skullivan
Is that a double dotted quarter note? Seriously, I'm just trying to make sure. I've got a rhythm quiz in music theory and I'm brushing up.

no a double dotted quarter is a quarter, eighth and sixteenth
Quote by knives143
thanks, already using guitar pro 6 and a bar goes on red when its not on whole note!

Yh that's the point, it'll teach you what it should be by you using trial and error; then you'll know and the program won't have to tell you
Quote by Jet Penguin

i don't know if im doing the right thing "I'm trying to use the 16th note "rest" and quarter note "rest" as fillers" because i find it right when I listen to the sound but the music bar goes on red that's why I'm looking for the right note! or am I messing it up
We are Musician
Not a Magician
Go to tools and it has the option to "complete/reduce a bar with rests". The value of the rests it puts in will be the note duration you need.

btw you need a quarter 8th and 16th to fill out a 4/4 bar so a double dotted quarter note would do it
Quote by Iain.Peters
Guthrie Govan. 'nuff said.
Last edited by lordrcceaser at Oct 12, 2011,
Quote by gman128
Yh that's the point, it'll teach you what it should be by you using trial and error; then you'll know and the program won't have to tell you

yeah your right trial and error that's what I'm doing! but it is only a work around not a solution if I will always do that it takes too much of my time unlike if i know how to calculate it, it will be more easier?
We are Musician
Not a Magician
Quote by lordrcceaser
Go to tools and it has the option to "complete/reduce a bar with rests". The value of the rests it puts in will be the note duration you need.

wonderful! this one worked ...thanks a lot bro! you made my day!!! I guess theres lot of things i need to know with this program
We are Musician
Not a Magician
Quote by knives143
wonderful! this one worked ...thanks a lot bro! you made my day!!! I guess theres lot of things i need to know with this program

You might like to learn to do it yourself. It gets much easier with practice.

Think in terms of the shortest note (sixteenths in your example). Convert the other note times to the same. Three eighth notes = six sixteenth notes.

So you have 3/16 + 6/16 = 9/16 in your bar.

That leaves you with 7/16 to fill in at the end. You could put seven sixteenth rest signs in. The bar won't go red but it will look a bit odd.

Or you could say 7/16 = 4/16 (a quarter note) + 2/16 (an eighth) + 1/16 (a sixteenth) and put rests for those instead.
It's basic math you learn in school.

Unless you go poly-poly-rhytmic, then it requires more effort, but still relatively easy.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??