Hi all! I' refurbing an old Hondo strat copy and it looks like I can't get at the truss rod without removing the neck, anyone seen this before? I have the neck off at the mo but it'll be a pain setting it up, or do I make sure the neck is set before I bolt it back on?
Attachments:
IMAG0105 (377 x 500).jpg
Yep, that's how they used to be done. There's a reason no one does that anymore.
totally doopid.

gotta take off the neck or always swap gauges to self adjust neck.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I think I know the reason (bastard's), it played well before I took it to bits, so wish me luck, Cheers mate!
It'll be fine, just try to use the same string gauge you had on it before.
That's good to know I always use light's so no change there, just waiting on parts now, thanks again!
The body route route might be the wrong route for me I'm afraid. Thanks tho!
Your other option, should you chose to do so. Would be to knock out a small piece of wood from the body in the top of the two layers, where the heel of the neck meets the body. The pickguard will cover this anyway, so it won't be visible.
After that, all you have to do is remove the pickguard to get at it, instead of taking off the neck all the time.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
Hey Goldie93 my woodworking skills are worse than my playing skills, that'll have to be a last resort mate!
Quote by GOLDIE93
Your other option, should you chose to do so. Would be to knock out a small piece of wood from the body in the top of the two layers, where the heel of the neck meets the body. The pickguard will cover this anyway, so it won't be visible.
After that, all you have to do is remove the pickguard to get at it, instead of taking off the neck all the time.

yeah i've seen guys dig out the wood.

i would just make sure that body is solid before digging into it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by JAMBOIAN
Hey Goldie93 my woodworking skills are worse than my playing skills, that'll have to be a last resort mate!

That's why I said "If you choose to do so"......lol

@Jenny. I was thinking the same thing at first, but in the picture it looks like 2 solid layers, one on top of the other.

With the neck off, I would make 2 cuts in the body on either side of where the truss rod nut would hit, down to the first layer of wood. Then just knock out that piece with a small chisel.

This is what I would do, but I am also slightly retarded sometimes. It's your guitar afterall so if you are not cool with doing that, then I would leave it as is.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
Quote by GOLDIE93

That's why I said "If you choose to do so"......lol

@Jenny. I was thinking the same thing at first, but in the picture it looks like 2 solid layers, one on top of the other.

With the neck off, I would make 2 cuts in the body on either side of where the truss rod nut would hit, down to the first layer of wood. Then just knock out that piece with a small chisel.

This is what I would do, but I am also slightly retarded sometimes. It's your guitar afterall so if you are not cool with doing that, then I would leave it as is.

yep i think i would set it up.

and if it seems like the type of guitar that's going to need constant adjustment..

id chisel out the block like said.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62