There is an indent in a couple of frets on my guitar.
I don't want to smooth them out because then I may have to smooth every one of the frets out.
So, could I possibly fill in the indents with 60/40 rosin core solder?
If I'm very careful and make it even?
Cusp of Magic
No way too soft. A Pro could touch them up easily if not too deep. Option B you could try buffing them out with very fine sandpapaer or steel wool or C you could live with it.
Any idea how it happened? Do you play the same chords in the same areas over and over again. DO you use Stainless Steel strings or large gauge strings?
Moving on.....
Its a very tiny indent.
It doesn't stop the string from bending but you can still feel them.
And it's a Charvel Model 4, it's 25 years old.
So somewhere at some point, some unexperienced or rather stupid person somehow managed to start something that hopefully doesn't turn into a huge problem.
Cusp of Magic
Quote by Chaos-Serenade
Its a very tiny indent.
It doesn't stop the string from bending but you can still feel them.
And it's a Charvel Model 4, it's 25 years old.
So somewhere at some point, some unexperienced or rather stupid person somehow managed to start something that hopefully doesn't turn into a huge problem.

common in older guitars. you can get some of the frets worked on
when they finally need it.

it's not that big of a deal if you only need some frets done.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Tape either side of the fret to protect the fretboard and hit it lightly with very fine sand paper or 0000 steel wool. Definitely polish it with 0000 steel wool when done. You are not trying to level the fret, just remove the sharp edges of the ding.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
I managed to carefully fill it over with solder and sand it with fine sand paper.
So hopefully that'll last for a while.
Cusp of Magic