im an alternative rock player, so i play mostly stuff like rhcp, and ratm, etc. any beginner slap n pop songs?

thanks in advance,
thrash17
Unfortunately outside of what's been mentioned in your OP, there's not that much other stuff I can suggest.

If genre isn't hugely important, I would take a look at some Level 42, a jazz-funk band whose bassist Mark King is an excellent slap-bassist, probably one of the best. I'd suggest the following Level 42 songs:

Lessons In Love
Running In The Family
Love Games (intro)
Hot Water
Guaranteed
True Believers
Mr Pink (quite hard, but sounds awesome if you want to solo)
The Sun Goes Down (Living It Up)
World Machine

These with the exception of Mr Pink are decently straight-forward in terms of what's being played but will really test your technique.

I'm a massive Mark King and Level 42 fan so if studying Level 42 is something you want to do, I can suggest some more albums and songs to look at.
Give It Away, though I'm not sure if Flea plays that with slap. If not, then playing that with slap should be easy :B

I'm not sure it Guerrilla Radio's chorus is played with slap... I've never bothered to figure out that one.

EDIT: Forget that, Guerrilla Radio doesn't have slap. However the intro to "Take the Power Back" does, should be fairly easy.
Professional lurker since 2009.
Last edited by technoguyx at Oct 12, 2011,
Check the "Songs you need to learn" thread. They oughta have a few songs in there for slap, easy or hard.
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
Check out some Jamiroquai, a few slap songs include:

Emergency on Planet Earth
Virtual Insanity
Alright

These are all pretty easy for slap, as you get better check out some Primus like Tommy the Cat

If you really want to have some fun as you get better, figure out some of Victor Wootens songs and learn double thumbing. :P
[Insert something clever here]
Quote by PureGouldBass
Unfortunately outside of what's been mentioned in your OP, there's not that much other stuff I can suggest.

If genre isn't hugely important, I would take a look at some Level 42, a jazz-funk band whose bassist Mark King is an excellent slap-bassist, probably one of the best. I'd suggest the following Level 42 songs:

Lessons In Love
Running In The Family
Love Games (intro)
Hot Water
Guaranteed
True Believers
Mr Pink (quite hard, but sounds awesome if you want to solo)
The Sun Goes Down (Living It Up)
World Machine

These with the exception of Mr Pink are decently straight-forward in terms of what's being played but will really test your technique.

I'm a massive Mark King and Level 42 fan so if studying Level 42 is something you want to do, I can suggest some more albums and songs to look at.

he said easy.

the song Fly Away has the most simple easy slap bass line, but it sounds really nice.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom