I have sustainer pedal that i hit when i solo. but i'm not cutting through the mix very well... so i was wondering if i can add a mid knob to boost my mids on my guitar when i press it. i already have a pa-2 in it as a preamp booster
Last edited by Purplepanda/MoM at Oct 12, 2011,
Quote by Purplepanda/MoM
I have sustainer pedal that i hit when i solo. but i'm not cutting through the mix very well... so i was wondering if i can add a mid knob to boost my mids on my guitar when i press it

A basic eq pedal would do the job just fine.
...Free from it all...
...Breathe in the darkest fall...

...We laugh and cry though a brothers eyes for now...

I'm cool because I have lyrics in my sig.

You can call me Rob.
Quote by Ibanez734
A basic eq pedal would do the job just fine.

Pretty much this. Danelectro make a good cheap 6 band EQ. MXR make a good 6 band and 10 band as well.
I have a few of them and they do, but i don't pedal dance. thats why i put the pa-2 on there as an overdrive
Seeing as your using a pa-2 I take it your using EMGs?
...Free from it all...

You can call me Rob.
i think you're just adding all kinds of outside things when you really need to save all that money and get a better amp.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Apart from graphic eqs and EMG guitar-mounted stuff, the only other option (I think) is a stone deaf fx PDF-1, but that's probably too expensive :/
...Free from it all...

You can call me Rob.
Quote by Purplepanda/MoM
i have the kerry king marshall signature.

Doesn't the 2203KK have a mid-boost switch on it?
...Free from it all...

You can call me Rob.
Not sure what that is. i just want to know if there is a mid range knob that i can put on my sustainer that also keeps the true bypass to regular pedal when i lift up the pa-2 knob
I think I have an idea of how you could activate the sustainer and a graphic EQ at the same time...Electro Harmonix make a thing called the Chillswitch/Killswitch (can't remember which) that has it's own effects loop. When you press the footswitch it turns on the effects loop and when you turn it off it bypasses the loop. If you put a sustainer and a graphic eq in the loop then you can turn them both on and off together with one.
...Free from it all...

You can call me Rob.
Quote by Purplepanda/MoM
i have the kerry king marshall signature.

You should definitely be able to cut with one of those.

Anyway, I wouldn't use a sustain pedal for solos simply because it squashes your attack and limits the volume, which is really not something you want to happen when soloing.

I would replace it with something like an EQ or a tubescreamer.

I'm sure there is something you could do to add mid boost to your guitar, but you'd have to find a tech who knew what he was doing and it would probably end up costing more than it would just to buy a pedal that could achieve the same thing.
If you're not cutting through the mix, try turning down the bass and treble on your EQ. Those frequencies clash with the drums.