Hail Nomad Son, from Malta. As far as I know, only me and the infamous Kepulix know of and are fans of Nomad Son. Nomad Son play a blend of doom and heavy metal and feature a fair dose of organs to add a unique atmosphere to the sound, and occasionally act as another lead guitar, if you will. Expect top-notch riff/leadwork here, and the interesting addition of organ which actually adds to the sound, and a vocalist who sounds like an angrier, less nasally Terry Jones(the vocals are excellent but may take a bit of getting used to).

I listen to alot of doom and traditional heavy metal but I believe Nomad Son to be superior to a majority of the other acts around these days, thus deserving of a thread. 2 albums, both highly recommended, with "The Eternal Return" being a significant improvement over the first album.

All fans of doom and traditional heavy metal listen and enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfeZRRy7IeU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjHrdtaHy2o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kd9dQxV3bk
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
Last edited by Penisaur at Oct 16, 2011,
Meh, not bad. Nothing new but I suppose that wasn't their aim, was it? They're good but they don't stand out amongst the other modern doom acts. Procession, Argus, Hour of 13, Arkham Witch, etc. > Nomad Son but if you're a doom/heavy metal fanatic don't hesitate to check them out. Maybe they'll grow on me.
Quote by Born Headless
Meh, not bad. Nothing new but I suppose that wasn't their aim, was it? They're good but they don't stand out amongst the other modern doom acts. Procession, Argus, Hour of 13, Arkham Witch, etc. > Nomad Son but if you're a doom/heavy metal fanatic don't hesitate to check them out. Maybe they'll grow on me.

Certainly nothing new, but I definitely think they're superior to most. And you just listed a few of the absolute best new doom acts, I would place Nomad Son slightly below those beasts. Completely excellent stuff for those who can't get enough doom though!
I dunno, as far as this modern Epic Doom stuff goes, damn... This is pretty top notch.

At leats, for me it's pretty much what I look for in Doom/Heavy metal. Stuff like this, Altar of Oblivion, Procession, and especially Isole.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Hell man, ive been loving these guys for about a year. Malta puts out some pretty damn good doom between these guys and Forsaken, etc. Class stuff though, Comatose Souls is killer.
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
Last edited by Helloween4Ever at Oct 12, 2011,
Someone put it on the playlist during a mumu-session. I've had the name written down on a piece of paper since but haven't gotten around to checking them out.

Good stuff!
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade
Quote by Senor Kristian
Someone put it on the playlist during a mumu-session.

I can confess.

I would describe this band as mix of Accept and Candlemass with organs thrown in for good measure. Sure, they're not the most original band out there, but they excel in what they do. Most importantly, this band is a great example of fun heavy/doom metal.

No doubt my favourite Nomad Son tune.
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

^ Yeah I meant to put organs, not keyboards, in my OP. Vocally, I definitely do hear some Accept in there. I absolutely can't get enough of "The Eternal Return" album lately.