Hi. So back in June I got a Godin 5th Avenue Kingpin, but I haven't been able to do a proper post about it, because it was poorly set up, and not worth posting about.

Just got it set up today, still a bit of buzz, but I can probably just fix that by raising the action. Anywho! Review:

I got it more on a whim than anything else, knowing hardly a thing about it, and from a sketchy source. And I'm glad I did! I didn't exactly buy it, I traded an iPad for it. Might not have been the best decision (that was before I got into doing electronic music, and didn't realise the iPad's potential for doing that stuff), but I'm happy about it.

My purchases are always inspired by other musicians. Eric Clapton likes strats with maple fretboards, and he says to buy them used, so I bought a used Strat with a maple fretboard.

The Edge and Jamie Hince both really dig Vox amps, so I got a Vox amp. And then another. And another.

This one was inspired by Johnny Cash and Jack White. It looks like something they'd play. It's not. I quickly found out, it's something that I would play. It's perfect for my needs. It sounds smooth, the neck is easy to play, it's quiet when unplugged but cuts through really well, and it's very versatile when plugged in.

Unplugged, it has a bright, smooth sound. Sounds great for country, and even classical. Quiet, but it gets the job done when you're alone, or jamming with another acoustic guitarist. But if you're playing in a large area, for several people, mic it.

Plugged in is the same story, but a different chapter. Bright, and smooth. Obviously it can get louder, but if you really crank your amp it tends to get really wonky and there's some feedback. A lot, actually. Feedback is easy to get. It's good for rock, country, jazz, etc. But it's AMAZING for blues! Ahhh! The tone is still very acoustic when plugged in due to the P90, so if you use your amp correctly, it'll sound similar to micing it. Not quite, but yeah. Easy to get a soft, acoustic tone, or a bitey blues/rock tone.

I'm not including pictures, because you can just use google for that. They're all the same, so pictures of mine are nothing special. But I'm including clips.

Clips:

http://soundcloud.com/ordinaryoctopus/sets/demo-clips-1/

First clip is unplugged, second is plugged with reverb and mic-ed, and third is plugged with overdrive.
^ I don't know, I hadn't even noticed.. I seriously thought I was in EG because of the 2 NGD threads..

Should I report for a move?
Quote by chadreed32
Why do people keep posting NGDs in GG&A?

Well, this is meant for use as both an electric and an acoustic, and can't be classified as an acoustic-electric. So, this seemed to be the middle ground between the two forums.

Wait, since when does a Squier sound like the clips I posted? Or fit the description I gave?
This thread is worthless without pics!.jpg
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Congrats! A friend owns that same guitar. It's a sweet axe, personally I found it great for jamming with a slight fuzz for garage rock. And yes, it does get a lot of feedback, which is something I love to play around with.

One thing, though, how's the neck and the action? I found it hard to play on, very hard for soloing, I don't know if it was the guitar and I'm just used to thinner, narrower necks, or if it was set-up awfully.
Wave goodbye to the past.
You've got your whole life to lead.

Fender 60's Lacquer Jazzmaster
Schecter C-1+ with SD '59
Egnater Tweaker 15
PolyTune noir
Algal Bloom fuzz
Fingerprint Redux fuzz
Nocturner reverb
Flashback delay
Quote by cxrlxscr
Congrats! A friend owns that same guitar. It's a sweet axe, personally I found it great for jamming with a slight fuzz for garage rock. And yes, it does get a lot of feedback, which is something I love to play around with.

One thing, though, how's the neck and the action? I found it hard to play on, very hard for soloing, I don't know if it was the guitar and I'm just used to thinner, narrower necks, or if it was set-up awfully.

It has pretty much no upper fret access. But it's really comfortable until you get to the twelfth fret.