For a school science fair project, I am testing different ways to make a pickup (number of coils, magnet strength, etc.) using these instructions:

Make Your Own Electric Guitar Pickup

I don't really want to have to keep soldering and cutting wires to move the different pickups to the three positions on the guitar, so is there any way to install the pickup without soldering? I was thinking wire nuts, but I wouldn't know since I'm new to the world of guitar modding.
“It’s been very important throughout my career that I’ve met all the guys I’ve copied, because at each stage they’ve said, "Don’t play like me, play like you.”
Eric Clapton

Most Epic Build!
seymour duncan and EMG both offer variations on solderless pickup wiring kits, but I haven't tried either..

If you're going to be connecting a lot of different pickups to a lot of different places, small bits of solder and a solder sucker might be your best bet.. it'd be easier than attaching different connectors to all your wires and everything

wire nuts could work but they're generally used for larger gauge wires and I'm not sure how well they'd work in a guitar.
I soldered pin connectors like you'd find on PCB boards to the ends of my pickups, and to the pots and switch, so I can just swap pickups without soldering everything. Course, I have to solder on new pin ends to the new pickups.

Get used to it, everything in the guitar world revolves around the soldering iron.
I guess I'll stick with soldering. Seems like it's a good skill for a guitarist.
“It’s been very important throughout my career that I’ve met all the guys I’ve copied, because at each stage they’ve said, "Don’t play like me, play like you.”
Eric Clapton

Most Epic Build!
If you gat the duncan solderless, you'll have to solder all the pots and switch once, but you will be able to swap pickups a billion time in a day without soldering. I would go for this.
soldering is going to give u the best direct connection
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
soldering is as easy as this. wrap the wire around the terminal. take the heated soldering iron tip and touch the wire and terminal at the same time. touch the solder to the tip of the iron, the wire and terminal at the same time. remove the iron and solder when the terminal and wire are bridged by solder.

better tutorials are available. but this one is free and quick.
Someone else asked a similar question a few days ago:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1486012

If you're wanting to test a few different setups over a short time, soldering and desoldering will take longer than using something like a connector block. I find soldering is OK but desoldering is a pain in the ass.

I'd try a solder-less option during the testing then when I find a setup that I like, solder it in and make it more permanent.