Who's watched this show so far? Two episodes have aired as of tonight.

Didn't find a thread for it, figured I'd try to make one to discuss it..

If you've seen it, what'd you think? I personally dig it. I'm excited to see what will come from the rest of the season.

If you don't know about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Horror_Story
Creators of Glee? No thanks.
Gibson SG Special - Tony Iommi pickups
Martin 000CXEBLACK acoustic/electric

Lefties Unite
IS THIS IT?
I've seen the commercials. I'm slightly interested.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Quote by Jettski1

As surprising as this'll sound, its not totally gay!

I only saw the first, and it wasn't that scary. Except for the basement scene, that was pretty creepy...
I smoke like Rasta, got hair like pasta
I be sippin' on them shots then bustin' rhymes like Busta

Load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informa call 911
All I'll say about that show is I came into the middle of an episode and a very weird scene happened involving a guy in a gimp suit.

I'm not sure this scene gets less weird in context.
Quote by Jettski1

It's not what you would expect.

No singing, dancing, and it's not completely gay!

Quote by vanhailin
As surprising as this'll sound, its not totally gay!

I only saw the first, and it wasn't that scary. Except for the basement scene, that was pretty creepy...

I don't think it's meant to literally be frightening. But there's a lot of psychological stuff going on, which you get more into with the second episode. If the first one peaked your interest at all, check out the second.
Last edited by TheAbsentOne at Oct 13, 2011,
I heard there was a naked dude walkin around in the first episode...sounds pretty gay to me
But on a serious note, I was interested from the commercials, but I read what people thought of it and was mostly negative. I'm sure I'll watch it one day though.
I love it.

Plus it has Dylan McDermott, who was in my old favorite show Dark Blue that got canceled.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by TunerAddict
I love it.

Plus it has Dylan McDermott, who was in my old favorite show Dark Blue that got canceled.

I feel like I've seen him in something else.. But from Wiki, I haven't.

Anyways, he seems like a pretty capable actor. All of them do. Even the daughter next door.

Quote by .Joker.
I heard there was a naked dude walkin around in the first episode...sounds pretty gay to me
But on a serious note, I was interested from the commercials, but I read what people thought of it and was mostly negative. I'm sure I'll watch it one day though.

Yeah, he gets out of bed and he's nude. Full on male ass, I was like

I haven't seen much negativity, aside from a single review. Others have given it mostly positive ratings.
Last edited by TheAbsentOne at Oct 13, 2011,
The second episode reinforced my opinion of how awesome this show is. That maid thing creeps me out so much.
Can't believe how strange it is to be anything at all.
Quote by Snotfish
The second episode reinforced my opinion of how awesome this show is. That maid thing creeps me out so much.

That's definitely an aspect right now that has me hooked.

*spoiler below if you haven't seen the 2nd episode and care at all*

As well as the maid, Tate, and the bitch from next door basically being in cahoots with each other
^ YES. YES YES YES. Tate scares the shit out of me. Creepy ass mofo.

And I like the show; every time it ends (so far, obviously) I'm like

It's not a scary/frightening show, it's more of a psychological suspense type series. I will definitely keep watching.

EDIT: And how the hell does everyone keep getting in their house!?
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Last edited by talia. at Oct 13, 2011,
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Yeah, he gets out of bed and he's nude. Full on male ass

In the world of live-action entertainment, this means that the show/film is high-brow art. You won't find any crass stuff there.
It's our generations twin peaks, brilliant show, ****ing WATCH it.
Quote by Nexium
For a 10'er you certainly have found a good avatar.
This show is crazehhhhhhhhhh

***SPOILER ALERT***

OMG Tate is dead!?
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Quote by Seyda
It's our generations twin peaks, brilliant show, ****ing WATCH it.

that's a little much.

i'm kinda not interested in the show anymore. it feels like there is no real story going on. and the characters aren't super interesting either. honestly, i thought the gay couple was way more interesting than the main characters. haven't seen the last two episodes (last one i saw was halloween pt 1)
#DTWD
Yesterday the first episode was aired in Mexico and I'm out of this thread because I don't want to ruin the second episode. In topic I think it is ok but I don't know how many seasons you can pull off of a very short story. You know the typical plot of the guy who kills their family extending it for 4+ seasons? I don't know plus there is not enough space for characters and such.
If I played guitar I'd be Jimmy Page, the girlies I like are underage.
Quote by stndrdprcdre
My wife is obsessed with the show. Apparently everybody is a ghost.

Practically every one. I've seen suspicion on every one who hasn't been seen off the property (except for Halloween night)
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
^ good observation.

EDIT: except for whaterface...the mistress...
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Last edited by talia. at Nov 10, 2011,
Jesus christ this show. where are they gonna go with this shit? I can't see how they can do anything plotwise in the long term unless they resolve everything as slowly as possible.
This show is pretty crazy. I'm really liking it. Curious to see how the season finale goes next week.