Poll: What do you think the most important aspect of a song is?
Poll Options
View poll results: What do you think the most important aspect of a song is?
Lyrics
0 0%
Vocal Melody
0 0%
Riff
0 0%
Feel/Beat
0 0%
Chords
0 0%
Instrumentation
0 0%
Voters: 0.
I wanted to let you know about the Songwriters Academy we are running at Faber Music in March, 2012.

The course is led by hit-writer Charlie Dore, whose songs have been recorded by such diverse artists as Celine Dion, Tina Turner, George Harrison and Status Quo. The course is very much about the 'real life' of a practicing songwriter. It will cover such issues as: how to write for a brief, how to get inspired and overcome songwriter's block, and how to pitch your songs. Business aspects will be covered, with talks given by representatives from a publishing company and record label. There will also be visiting lecturers - songwriters working in different genres.

The course will be run as a version of a professional 'songwriting camp'. Students will be presented with varied song briefs over the duration of the course and will be placed in a succession of different writing teams - pairs or groups of three - with the aim of exploring contrasting approaches and ideas.

For the final day, those students happy to perform will select two of the songs written by their team, to be performed for the rest of the group.

The course is held at our Central London office, the nearest tube is Holborn.

For more information and details on the application process please visit this site: www.fabermusic.com/Songwriters-Academy.aspx

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a note. I hope to hear from you soon.

Best.