I was wondering if anybody had any input on what pickup they prefer and the differences between the Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates and the Gibson Classic 57s. I like them both but I can't decide. I'm going for a classic rock/blues/hard rock sound.
I'm looking to replace my stock Epiphone LP pups.

and if there's any other pickups you recommend I should try out that are similar to those let me know.

Thanks!
i have two 57 classics and one 57 classic plus. have it in a lp and sg 61 reissue. very melodic pickup. blues/rock is great. not sure how it would handle hard rock. guess it depends what hard rock you are talking about though. old hard rock zeppelin yes, new hardrock no.

great pickup overall. very happy, i actually bought my sg because i was so in love with the 57 in my les paul. i have not played the pearly gates. good luck. my friend just got a pair of 57's on ebay new for $150
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
just my one recommendation save the epi pickups because you can take the 57's with you as an epi lp might not be your #1 forever
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
I have Classic 57s (and a 57+ bridge)in my Explorer and I really like them, muvh better than the deathmetal pickups that were in there originally, and I also have a Les Paul Pearly Gates (obviously with the PG pickups)

If anything the PGs have a little more bite, and if pushed I would probably opt for them out of the two

BUT......I haven't tried them back to back in the same guitar, so it's all a bit irrelevant
I have a Pearly Gates in my Strat-type main axe. It sounds nothing short of fantastic. I play a lot of blues rock, hard rock and funk, and its simply great. Perfect amount of snarl, and sounds awesome with the coil tap I put in.

I'm sure the 57s are great too, but I think if you're leaning in the direction of a hotter more versatile sound the PGs are the way to go.

But mine is in an HSS setup in a strat, so mine is not the best or final word.