Sup UG.

My Amp (Frontman 65R...look, it's decent when it works mmkay? let's focus on the issue) is crackling: messing up/distorting the clean, drastically decreasing the volume, general fluctuations, sound 'cloudiness', all this random on/off stuff that makes the whole sound extremely unstable - ex: I can be playing along smoothly enough (but still with an underlying buzz-crackle usually) and suddenly it sounds like i'm playing a box of fireworks.

It's been that way for ages, see at first i thought it could be the electrical unit in the house, but i'm not too sure now.
Could it be something to do with the actual plug? I tried jiggling it and it did seem to affect the degree of noise in the amp.

So i ask (again), has this ever happened to your amp?
It happened to everybodys junk amp. Electronics arent made to last forever. Especially cheap ss practice amps.

Throw it in the cupboard and get a better one.
Seriously? I haven't even had it a year.
It's under guarantee and apparently when my dad took it back it "sounded fine" in the shop. Yeah imma have to go back myself but in the meantime i just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with something like this.
Also i'm not the richest guy in the world
ah sir basti, i didn't expect to see you here! i'm sorry for your amp woes, here. here's half a pack of gum and a lighter, you know what to do.
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
Quote by Basti95

Also i'm not the richest guy in the world

Well, with that attitude, you're not going to get there......

And judging by Iron's comment you are one from the pit? If not, sorry I offended you.

Try it with some other plug points in your house. If it works fine in those, the problem lies with the one you use. If it still crackles, then try it at a friend's/neighbor's house.

Cliched but....what you need is a new amp, not a new power source.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
i am no pit monkey, mind you. i am an esteemed gentleman!
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence