So I was checking out the new Gibson releases this morning and I spotted the new Gibson Les Paul Studio with the swirl finishes, after cleaning up the mess in my pants and wiping the drool off my face I regained my composure and started checking them out, especially being in the market for a Les Paul.

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Studio-Swirl.aspx

I would totally take it in black/silver or that Green/Black swirl both are tres sexy.

But my concern came when I read in the specifications that Gibson is using Obeche wood for the fingerboard. I know they have had some recent issues with there rosewood, and I am confident my Explorer's fingerboard was probably made with said wood being made at the end of 2010; however I still love it.

Obeche (Triplochiton scleroxylon) is an extremely low risk wood, harvested from Africa and is praised for having a lack of splinters, resin and low heat rentention; however this wood is not the most versatile hardwood on the market.

Obeche has a low density and crushing strength and is a soft hardwood that is actually quite easy to dent, making me concerned for those that bend there strings a lot you could naturally scallop the fingerboard fairly quickly I imagine. Obeche is also classified as a non-durable wood and has a harmful property of possibly causing respitory problems. Obeche also has a low toughness rating and has never been classified as a wood used on musical instruments; however there was one English guitar builder using Obeche for guitar bodies a while back.

Your Thoughts?
It really is a disconcerning feature of the guitar, I am all for using different types of woods but a soft hardwood for the fingerboard seems a little wonky. There really isn't anything special about this Les Paul to me aside from the swirl finish, I liked the Flood version guitars but wasnt high up on there finish 100%. Ideally I would like the LP Studio Gibson did with the P90s but they are all sold would have to wait for a used one to come in.
Buy an agile. Have it sanded and repainted. With saved money buy replacement pickups and godly amp setup. Or if you're dead set on Gibson, buy used. With saved money buy replacement pickups and godly amp setup. win.

Gibson's already pulled a fast one having suckered people into spending a crapton for the Floods edition which had the same paint scheme, limited edition of course, only to turn around after people spent so much money and make it public. Obeche, I would NOT gamble on. Plus the stock p'ups on that are kind of bland >_> They're not bad, but they're not what I'd expect on a $2400 guitar either. Dont get me wrong, the finish is lovely. But Gibson used to be about quality, nowadays they're about being flashy. It's like spending 2k on a Marshall MG100DFX half stack cuz it says marshall and has a bigass 4x12 cab.

All in all; kinda like a pricey scandinavian hooker. Sexy, but so stuck up thanks to previous empowerment that it aint gonna be worth the money anymore.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
What the hell is Gibson thinking? Couldn't they have found another wood for the fretboard?

it doesn't surprise me to Gibson screwing over their customers like this.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
You can get that Studio for WAY less then $2399 thats the MSRP my Explorer has the same MSRP on the Gibson webpage but I only paid $1484 after taxes for it, so like a whole $1000 less then listed, people need to ignore that fact about the Gibson webpage. Cant disagree with the Flood guitar statement though, that would be a big piss off I was looking at one of them to, hehehe.

Amp situation is fine on my end to, got a Marshall Haze 15W class A head and cab which is way more then I can use in my apartment. Not stuck on Gibson at all either, just really like that swirl finish, looks pretty simple to mimic the more I stare at it kinda looks like the silver is smeared on with a sponge.

The Obeche is the biggest gamble, I have been reading articles and craft/hobby pages on this wood and it seems very uncommon in the music place. Thats never a good sign.
You can buy a used Flood Studio if you want that finish with a more traditional fretboard wood. I'm sure Gibson is going to go through a few bizarre fretboard woods trying to solve their compliance issues. I think you're right in not trusting an untested wood that they probably rushed to production after that second raid. That said, you could call Gibson and ask if they'd treated the wood in any way. I imagine ebonizing or similar processes would make nearly any wood a serviceable fretboard material.

As for the Flood Studio deal: I'm sure people who paid a premium for the Limited Edition are going to be mad, but isn't it better to offer more of what customers want? I can hardly blame them for trying to meet demand on what turned out to be a very popular run of guitars. Besides, these aren't the same guitars - the finish is different, and the fretboard is...whatever it is.
Quote by Alucard817
What the hell is Gibson thinking? Couldn't they have found another wood for the fretboard?

Wait, who did they screw over exactly? They didn't lie to people and tell people obeche is ebony. They didn't start using obeche exclusively on their guitars. They only tried something new.

I'm personally sick of people giving them crap for trying stuff. The make robot guitars for a niche market and everyone acts like they've betrayed all that is holy to the guitar gods.
Quote by W4RP1G
Wait, who did they screw over exactly? They didn't lie to people and tell people obeche is ebony. They didn't start using obeche exclusively on their guitars. They only tried something new.

I'm personally sick of people giving them crap for trying stuff. The make robot guitars for a niche market and everyone acts like they've betrayed all that is holy to the guitar gods.

gotta agree. guitar players tend to be to stuck on what "was" used before and can't accept new changes. rosewood dents if you dig into to as well so what's the big deal? we have to face the fact that some of the traditional woods are becoming scarce in the quality needed to produce decent guitar. some of the woods now being used have been used to make native acoustic instruments for 100s of years in the country of origin. people cried "basswood no good" but have been proven wrong etc.
They look interesting but i would never buy one. Gibson is cool for doing their thing and making all these wierd ****ed up things but personally i like the classics. I would take a regular old les paul over all of there crazy ****ed schemes. They should make two brands
" Gibson classic" and " Gibson new age" or something like that. lol. people should get to have the choice over both. Not to say that i dislike Gibson. I own one and they still do make some great stuff. I just feel like they should crank out the awesome shit all the time not only on this limited run bullshit. I wish everyone had the oppurtunity to play some great guitars for a good price.
if its soft then no, do not want.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Quote by W4RP1G

Some people were angry that Gibson released a production version of a "Limited Run" guitar, which is also silly. This certainly seems like a trail run for Obeche. I'll have to go try one out, see what's up. Unfortunately we probably won't know for 5-10 years whether it was the wrong wood.

Quote by redandwhite12
They look interesting but i would never buy one. Gibson is cool for doing their thing and making all these wierd ****ed up things but personally i like the classics. I would take a regular old les paul over all of there crazy ****ed schemes. They should make two brands
" Gibson classic" and " Gibson new age" or something like that. lol. people should get to have the choice over both. Not to say that i dislike Gibson. I own one and they still do make some great stuff. I just feel like they should crank out the awesome shit all the time not only on this limited run bullshit. I wish everyone had the oppurtunity to play some great guitars for a good price.

You realize that this isn't replacing any other model, right? People do have the choice of both. Plus, Gibson just released more finish options in the Studio Faded and LP Junior lines, two of their more affordable lines. Lastly - "Gibson Classic" is the Custom Shop. They pretty much already have the setup you described.
Obeche itself has a neutral tone to it like basswood.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by dark Mass
Obeche itself has a neutral tone to it like basswood.

Source?
Quote by Alucard817

What about this is screwing customers over? They're not hiding the fact that they're using a different wood or anything.

And you make it sound like Gibson just screws over their customers regularly. They actually have fantastic customer service. I deal with them on a weekly basis.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
I doubt anyone in this thread hating on this guitar has every played an Obeche fingerboard before.
Quote by JustRooster
I doubt anyone in this thread hating on this guitar has every played an Obeche fingerboard before.

First time I've ever even heard of the wood, and I'd say the same goes for a lot of people here.
Quote by W4RP1G

Try telling all the people who bought the original swirls under the impression that they were limited edition, now Gibson is releasing them as a standard non-limited guitar.

Also Gibson is screwing over customers by using a very well known inferior wood on the fretboard. There are numerous other better woods that could have been used, but Gibson decided on obeche.
Quote by FatalGear41

'Easy to dent' wood can still take a beating. Basswood is one of the softest woods around, but look at how many shredders have thin super-Strats made of basswood, look how they chuck their guitars around and look how well it holds up.

Don't worry about it. Gibson aren't stupid. They're not going to use a part that isn't good enough.
Quote by Alucard817
Try telling all the people who bought the original swirls under the impression that they were limited edition, now Gibson is releasing them as a standard non-limited guitar.

Also Gibson is screwing over customers by using a very well known inferior wood on the fretboard. There are numerous other better woods that could have been used, but Gibson decided on obeche.

It's not the same finish as the limited edition. Same idea, but different colors. Plus, there's a completely different fretboard (good job ignoring that in your first complaint and then implying it's a big deal in the second!).

Also, where do you get that it's an inferior wood? Pine is considered an inferior wood for most purposes, for the same reasons Obeche is - it's cheap and soft - and yet it's a very highly desirable wood that gets used in a lot of high-end telecasters. String instruments have been made out of freaking Spruce for hundreds of years. A person in another industry saying that a wood is inferior for cabinets or construction doesn't really apply to guitar making. Perhaps Obeche isn't as good for instruments, but I haven't seen any actual evidence of that.

Tubes are inferior, too. Transistors replaced them long ago. They're more durable and you can make louder amps with them. Fender is trying to screw you over!
Considering that wood is used in a sauna, it's pretty tough stuff...
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
Yes, the "non-durable" designation literally only refers to the wood's resistance to fungi if you don't treat it and leave it outdoors. It does not refer at all to the strength or actual physical durability of the wood, especially after whatever treatment Gibson puts it through (and there must be some - Obeche is white/yellow, and those fretboards are black).

Source: Preservation of timber in the tropics, Walter Philip Kennedy Findlay, P.196.
Obeche is a great choice.

I'd actually like to see a lot more choices for fretboard woods.

it's always Rosewood, Maple or Ebony.

why not redwood? why not pao ferro? why not coco bolo?

i'd welcome a few additions to the scene.

just keep the markers in the same place is all i ask.
The floods looked nicer than these swirls. To each his own of course, but these look like a toddler fiddled around on it with a paintbrush.

Though if I had to I'd take the green.

Carry on...
Quote by Roc8995
It's not the same finish as the limited edition. Same idea, but different colors. Plus, there's a completely different fretboard (good job ignoring that in your first complaint and then implying it's a big deal in the second!).

Also, where do you get that it's an inferior wood? Pine is considered an inferior wood for most purposes, for the same reasons Obeche is - it's cheap and soft - and yet it's a very highly desirable wood that gets used in a lot of high-end telecasters. String instruments have been made out of freaking Spruce for hundreds of years. A person in another industry saying that a wood is inferior for cabinets or construction doesn't really apply to guitar making. Perhaps Obeche isn't as good for instruments, but I haven't seen any actual evidence of that.

Tubes are inferior, too. Transistors replaced them long ago. They're more durable and you can make louder amps with them. Fender is trying to screw you over!

http://www.advantagelumber.com/obeche.htm
Particularly this.
Low bending and crushing strength. Very low stiffness and resistance to shock. Moderate to poor steam bending characteristics.

Also HOLY SHIT!!!! Someone has an opinion!!!!
Quote by FatalGear41

If you looked up nitro, you'd see that most people don't suggest it for many purposes either, but it's still pretty desirable for guitars. Same thing with hide glue, carbon comp resistors, and unbalanced phase inverters. We have different rules.

It just seems like you're googling "Obeche" and copy/pasting links that say that the wood's not good for making furniture, or framing a house. None of the things you've brought up are relevant to a treated fretboard on a guitar. As I said, those guidelines you posted are for carpenters, not for luthiers. We've got different rules.
Quote by Alucard817
Also HOLY SHIT!!!! Someone has an opinion!!!!

you have an opinion. he disagrees with it. because his opinion differs from yours. can you deal with that? i'm not gonna answer that for you, it'd only be my opinion anyway...

HOLY SHIT!!! someone is trying to have a sensible debate over a differing opinion!!!
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by gregs1020

just keep the markers in the same place is all i ask.

or snakewood....

mmmm, redwood and snakewood neck. sounds sexy.
Whatever happened to mahogany?

Also, that smudgy paint 'swirl'.

EDIT: Seems I need to read more, I'm not to fussed about the fingerboard wood, as long as it would be similar to rosewood then that would be fine on a Les Paul.
Last edited by mnf50 at Oct 14, 2011,
It's funny, people saying that obeche it too weak for a fretboard. Mahogany can't hold frets, it's too porous, so it's not suitable for a fretboard, but it's a hard wood.
i think that eveybody is up gibson's rear about everything they do. first they make the firebird x, which yea its ugly and who knows how it works, but is revolutionary, IMO that is undeniable. then somebody says that gibson isn't taking care of the "average musician" and that they are too expensive. in this last year gibson has released more guitars than i have ever recalled a manufacturer doing. 60's satin models, all ofthe different melody makers, the gothic morte, and at least 5 or 6 others, even a barritone (although i am not sure it is for sale yet.

i doubt gibson is going to do anything stupid about their decision for fretboard wood. after all, what does the manufacturers warranty (about the only thing that it does do) is to warrant the guitar "against any flaws in materials or craftsmentship" or something of the sorts. i dont think they want to do warranty work for potentially 1000's of guitars, by doing something shoddy.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i think that eveybody is up gibson's rear about everything they do. first they make the firebird x, which yea its ugly and who knows how it works, but is revolutionary, IMO that is undeniable

no first they made the robot, then the darkfire, then the dusk tiger, then the 2010 standard, then the firebird x.

but honestly, after sitting down with my gibson rep and going over how the darkfire actually worked, it's actually pretty cool.

99% of the people that bitch about the firebird x do so because of the looks and have never seen one in person.

sure it's different, but it's progress. good, bad or otherwise, they're trying.
Quote by gregs1020
no first they made the robot, then the darkfire, then the dusk tiger, then the 2010 standard, then the firebird x.

but honestly, after sitting down with my gibson rep and going over how the darkfire actually worked, it's actually pretty cool.

99% of the people that bitch about the firebird x do so because of the looks and have never seen one in person.

sure it's different, but it's progress. good, bad or otherwise, they're trying.

I saw a firebird X in person the other day(not that I bitch about it). It's really weird looking, the body seems too small. It looked solid though. I picked it up, but then saw the $4000 price tag, and figured I'm not gonna mess around with it because there's no way I would allow myself to buy one. It would have been neat to mess with though.
Quote by gregs1020
Is it? Why?

Quote by gregs1020

Sometimes experience and tradition are the best teachers. Maple is also used for bowling alleys, I think that pretty much speaks to its durability. Ebony is very hard and dense, another great choice. Of the three rosewood is the softest. best way to get around that is to religiously cut your fingernails. They act like wood chisels, and probably do nearly as much damage as string bending. (This from experience, since I've dug out a few fretboards, and I'm not much for bending strings).

Quote by gregs1020

Well, redwood is dead soft. Best shit you can get to build a deck with though. No comment on the other two.

Quote by Roc8995
Also, where do you get that it's an inferior wood? Pine is considered an inferior wood for most purposes, for the same reasons Obeche is - it's cheap and soft - and yet it's a very highly desirable wood that gets used in a lot of high-end telecasters. String instruments have been made out of freaking Spruce for hundreds of years. A person in another industry saying that a wood is inferior for cabinets or construction doesn't really apply to guitar making. Perhaps Obeche isn't as good for instruments, but I haven't seen any actual evidence of that.:

Introducing spruce into the fretboard discussion is largely irrelevant. Spruce is used almost solely for the soundboards of acoustic guitars. So, you have a completely negative correlation to the wood chosen for the fingerboard, which BTW in most acoustics is rosewood. Mahogany being the most traditional choice for the body, back, and neck.

Several species of spruce and cedar are considered "tonewoods", by virtue of the fact they are softwoods, and it's easy to induce vibration into them. They have limited use in electric guitars, as a whole. As far as telecasters go, I had thought it was an ash body that gave them their notorious brilliance.

Obviously Gibson has been forced into desperate situation by the issues surrounding the raid on their wood pile.

I think it is one of the worst miscarriages of justice imaginable, to have what amounts to a "union work rules issue", (rosewood exported from India must be finished by Indian workers), written into an international trade law. It's especially infuriating due the massive irony that Indian workers, working on numbers approaching one billion, are flatly, the biggest scabs on the planet!

Quote by Roc8995
I fully get the ironic sarcasm herein. But the reality is, tubes ARE inferior to transistors in every way. It's just that everybody seems to like the harmonic distortion tube amps introduce into the signal, so to be politically correct, we like to call it "warmth".

I've always pondered the paradox of how really good, clean and powerful a stereo system has to be, to accurately reproduce all the crap, distortion, and excessive amplitude of the source signal.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Oct 15, 2011,
Looks like they are using Obeche on quite a few guitars now:
http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Jr.aspx
http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Jr-Doublecut-Exclusive.aspx
http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Flying-V/Gibson-USA/Flying-V-Tremolo/Specs.aspx

No idea how "good" Obeche is as fretboard wood, but I like the yellow singlecut Junior.
Gibson might experiment with more types of wood now after the raid, which might bring some pretty good results.
Just look at custom builders and the custom communities. Lots of people try using lots of different weird woods and often get good results. If you look at something like Warmoth or USACG or Sims you'll see a ton of woods being used that normally you'd never hear of.

Rosewood, maple, alder, ebony, mahogany and ash don't get used because they're the end-all best, they get used because they were the easiest and most dependable woods to get hold of back in the day. Other woods are not inferior and in fact the more exotic woods tend to sound and play better.
Quote by Captaincranky
1 - Is it? Why?

2 - Sometimes experience and tradition are the best teachers. Maple is also used for bowling alleys, I think that pretty much speaks to its durability. Ebony is very hard and dense, another great choice. Of the three rosewood is the softest. best way to get around that is to religiously cut your fingernails. They act like wood chisels, and probably do nearly as much damage as string bending. (This from experience, since I've dug out a few fretboards, and I'm not much for bending strings).

3 - Well, redwood is dead soft. Best shit you can get to build a deck with though. No comment on the other two.

4 - Introducing spruce into the fretboard discussion is largely irrelevant. Spruce is used almost solely for the soundboards of acoustic guitars. So, you have a completely negative correlation to the wood chosen for the fingerboard, which BTW in most acoustics is rosewood. Mahogany being the most traditional choice for the body, back, and neck.

1 - it's a hard wood with similar feel to rosewood. and because i think so.

2 - yea, "sometimes". i have an old strat with a rosewood board that's partially dug out in places. it doesn't effect the playability other than making it easier to bend. so it actually makes it easier to play.

being old, it has lower frets so it's understandable that it's happened over 50 years. a newer, modern fret guitar, wouldn't have thins problem nearly as quick.

it's not just fingernails that does that, it's the string vibration under your fingertip while you fret the note. clip your nails all you want, it's still gonna happen.

and i personally wouldn't want a guitar that didn't age and change over time. i do, why shouldn't it?

it's hard to tell in this pic, but the old lester has fret board very high up on the fret, again, not from fingernails, from vibrating strings.

and what does a bowling alley have to prove? maple is hard? no shit.
does your bowling alley have snappy spanky tone? mine just goes "thud".

3 redwood is used for guitar tops just like maple, why wouldn't it again? is it too soft? would frets fall out? i'm almost sure we both know that wouldn't happen with quality frets.

4 why is spruce irrelevant? it's used on guitars all over the planet, electrics included. we are talking about guitar woods here and fretboards.

did you suddenly become the thread moderator? why do you have to keep it all about obeche when we are having a discussion here?

i will re-assert my beliefs, and i'm a traditionalist if there ever was one. there should be more options for fretboards.

here's a few i'd like to see used.

bocote
bubinga
cocobolo
koa
padouk
paoferro
satine
walnut
wenge

sure some are softer than others, good, they will have a different feel and age differently. cool, bring it on.

who wants a guitar that's going to be exactly how it was when you bought it throughout it's entire lifespan?

not me.

Quote by gregs1020
....[ ]...and what does a bowling alley have to prove? maple is hard? no shit.
does your bowling alley have snappy spanky tone? mine just goes "thud".
That's just a flat out, misguided, rebuttal. My mahogany dresser goes "thunk" when you slam a drawer. And yet.... so many guitars are made out it it. Same for maple.

Quote by gregs1020
3 redwood is used for guitar tops just like maple, why wouldn't it again? is it too soft? would frets fall out? i'm almost sure we both know that wouldn't happen with quality frets.
Woodworkers over the ages have defined the properties of different woods. Some hold all types of fasteners better than others. That's been documented thoroughly, but screw it, let's reinvent the wheel anyway. To the best of my knowledge a fret operates on the same principle as many fasteners and trims. Again, redwood is a softwood, probably a good choice for a soundboard, and a poor choice for a fretboard.

Quote by gregs1020
4 why is spruce irrelevant? it's used on guitars all over the planet, electrics included. we are talking about guitar woods here and fretboards.
"Because I think so". You seem to think that answer should satisfy me, and it should satisfy you as well. Be happy.

Quote by gregs1020
did you suddenly become the thread moderator? why do you have to keep it all about obeche when we are having a discussion here?
WTF are you talking about? I'm a prime offender when it come to going astray of thread topics, anywhere, anytime.

Quote by gregs1020
i will re-assert my beliefs, and i'm a traditionalist if there ever was one. there should be more options for fretboards.

here's a few i'd like to see used.

bocote
bubinga
cocobolo
koa
padouk
paoferro
satine
walnut
wenge

sure some are softer than others, good, they will have a different feel and age differently. cool, bring it on.
Now that the world's hardwood forests have been largely destroyed, guitar makers have to extend their scope and reach in looking for replacement woods. Thus, it is incumbent upon them, to convince potential buyers that the more exotic woods are a great idea. That statement is opinion neutral, I'm just identifying the realities of marketing. It would as has been mentioned, be unfortunate to someone purchasing a guitar of these exotic materials, and find out later they were being BSed, after they plunk down a hard earned 4 grand.

At the root of this discussion, these facts remain. Gibson just got rung up for "illegal" ebony and rosewood. So now, we have obeche and it's just as good. I look at statements like that with a jaundiced eye, like maybe is just all spin, and no substance.

Actually, you don't have to make a guitar out of wood at all. Ovation has "proved" that sufficiently. Now, that discussion is a can of worms not to be opened until God knows when.

(I didn't say, or even imply, that guitar production has caused the loss of forests. Please don't post back a bunch of nonsense saying that I did).

As far as the Hawaiian Koa, seems like a great idea, Taylor has picked up on it for their new fall offerings. It does however, have the stigma of the ukulele attached to it. Was it Art Linkletter that played the uke all the time on his TV show, back in the day?

Quote by gregs1020
who wants a guitar that's going to be exactly how it was when you bought it throughout it's entire lifespan?

not me.
Oh, I hear that! I'd rather have had a wife that looked the same all of her life, f*** how the guitar ages. You could dress her up in her wedding gown on your anniversary, and do the honeymoon thing all over again, year after year!

Was that remark far enough off topic that I don't get accused of moderating....?
Last edited by Captaincranky at Oct 15, 2011,