So now my new idea is to record grand piano sessions.

The thing is that I do often play improvised drama/horror/theatre kind of music on this grandpiano I've got. The question is, how do I record it? I don't want crystal clear sound (the harshness might contribute to the creepy feel you know) but I want a normal sound you know. So far teh problem is that A. I do not have any computer there (tho this might be fixable with a notebook yeah not a big deal) and B. I do not own any good mic atm.

Budget? I think the budget is close to 0 atm

I might try to lend a stereo field recorder as I thought this would be a nice solution really but I'm 40% positive I'll get one

another idea is to may be rely on a iPod 4g touch mic? (i'll be receiving mine sometimes soon so while I dont have it I can't say if it'll be usable)

3rd idea is may be recording with a video camera that does acceptable audio (tho I dont have an access to one but a iPod 4g or say a Sony Ericsson vivaz are under my reach I think which both record HD video right?)

opinions... are welcome!!!!
Depends how you want to use it. There are a lot of ways to mic a grand piano, and some are more effective than others. Personally, I use three condenser mics, but it sounds like you don't really want a great sound.

This page might give you some ideas: Here

It shows a lot of different configurations and tells you how they'll sound.
I got a good sound out of an upright piano once using a SM58 and a portable field recorder, so if you're not bothered about pristine quality, you can't go far wrong if the piano itself sounds good.
Quote by TheBurningFish
"OH GOD OH GOD MUM MUM I PISSED MILK OH MY GOD OH MY GOD "

Something like that. All the while, his pants are still about his ankles and his semi erect sausage drips on the carpet as he runs around like a headless chicken...
I like midi Piano because I can EQ each hand seperatly to get the piano to sit better in the mix.

I may actually try to mic a piano sometime...to bad they are two expensive to just buy for recording and to big to move to my apartment. lol
Quote by FireHawk
I like midi Piano because I can EQ each hand seperatly to get the piano to sit better in the mix.

I may actually try to mic a piano sometime...to bad they are two expensive to just buy for recording and to big to move to my apartment. lol

and hard to maintain really, needs a lot of attention from my experience

I hope teh dude will have a pedal for it as well