So, I'm in a bit of a pickle.

I just started college, which is 9 hours away from my home. Next semester, my dad is gonna let me take a vehicle out.

Option A is the mini-van. This would be able to take all of my college stuff back and forth PLUS my guitar equipment like half-stack and such. The downside is that it's dying, so I'd have to keep pumping money into it to keep it alive, and it probably wouldn't last past college, so I'd then have to buy a new car upon graduation.

Option B is my dad's Toyota Camry. This is in much better condition, and would last much longer and with much less repairs. However, I wouldn't have room in this to transport my equipment, because I'd need the room for college stuff, so this would mean I'd go the next four years basically never being able to play a gig, which would suck. alot.

So, I pretty much have to take the Camry, cuz otherwise I'll be screwed with money. I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I'd be able to have the Camry AND be able to transport all my stuff. I was thinking an enclosed trailer, but idk if the Camry is even able to tow that. Any ideas??? Thanks.
Quote by mcamp1230
Camerys can pull small trailers

Get a 1X12 speaker cab or a practice amp.

Practice amp wouldn't really work for gigs tho, and I don't really wanna get a whole new amp.

Do you know how big of a trailer it can pull?
Dude, I put a half stack, a 212 combo, a 210 bass amp with head, 4 guitars, and 1 bass in a Toyota Corolla, and had 5 people sitting down, (some lap action was involved) so to say you cannot use it to gig is crazy
You'll get away with a normal 6'x4' trailer. We had a bigger one in a band I played with that had a lockable steel canopy. It was great, you could just pull it into the yard and leave it to unpack the next day. Trailers are cheap. Just buy a normal 6x4 and add a canopy to it. That way you don't have to compromise on what gear you want to use.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Pg.inc_music
Dude, I put a half stack, a 212 combo, a 210 bass amp with head, 4 guitars, and 1 bass in a Toyota Corolla, and had 5 people sitting down, (some lap action was involved) so to say you cannot use it to gig is crazy

Yea, but my issue is it's that equipment plus college/dorm stuff, which is alot

Quote by Cathbard
You'll get away with a normal 6'x4' trailer. We had a bigger one in a band I played with that had a lockable steel canopy. It was great, you could just pull it into the yard and leave it to unpack the next day. Trailers are cheap. Just buy a normal 6x4 and add a canopy to it. That way you don't have to compromise on what gear you want to use.

Thanks, I'll look into it