Im looking to upgrade to a nice tube amp, right now I have a line 6 spider and well... you guys know what that's like. Im looking at something to play Van Halen, Motley Crue, Guns N' Roses, but also blues/cleans stuff alittle like Aerosmith, Gary Moore, Led Zeppelin
The problem Is I have a budget of about $600, maybe more if I can get it at that priced used. So far Ive really only seen the Peavey 6505+ 112, and I just found the Bugera 6262 which looks nice but its hardly anywhere.. What do you suggest?
i've heard the peavey valveking 112 and 212 are good and versitile.
(112=50W and 212=100w)
Lots of good options if you're buying used @ $600. The 6505 combo is probably a bad fit for the blues. How about a Jet City or Traynor YCV50 Blue combo?
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Im really only playing blues occasionally. It'll be mostly for hard rock. My problem with the 6505 is it seems like such a heavy metal amp, and the cleans apparently aren't very good
The Traynor is a fine suggestion, as is a used JCM800 2203/2204. Trying to find a 2203/2204 in your pricerange may be tricky though. The 2205/2210 are crap unless you mod them, they have two channels but it's two channels of crap. There are several Laneys that will do they job nicely too, the GH or VH series specifically.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
If not gigging this is what you want:

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
The Traynor is a fine suggestion, as is a used JCM800 2203/2204. Trying to find a 2203/2204 in your pricerange may be tricky though. The 2205/2210 are crap unless you mod them, they have two channels but it's two channels of crap. There are several Laneys that will do they job nicely too, the GH or VH series specifically.

+1

the 6505 and bugera are probably too modern-sounding for what you want
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by ethan_hanus
Advertising your amps I see.

it's clearly a 18 watt marshall without the tremolo channel.

well packaged.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C4vcBinczA

Jet City JCA22h. Just hit GC finally. In your price range, good cleans, plenty of drive, if ya need to gig, mic it. sounds better anyway. Way underrated amp.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.