So im thinking about buying a 7 string guitar.
Im mainly into progmetal in the stule of: born of osiris, BTBAM, THA, dream theater, scale the summit AAL, opeth etc...
So my budget is is a little below 2000$ i would say.
Im not a very big fan of emgs. I think the crunch lab/liquifire (dimarzio) sound very nice. Im not a big floyd fan either, so if i get a guitar with it, i will block it.
So what 7strings shuld i check out? I have heard that carvins are nice, but i need your opinion
Could get a really sweet Warmoth custom for that, or a Jaden Rose Series 2 7-string :P
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

2000 dollars is quite the budget

unless your in australia
but apparently your in norway why are you giving us your budget in dollars. It'd be much more useful if you gave us your budget in euros... jus sayin mate.
Quote by Pac_man0123
You probably won't get a full custom shop for under $2000...

TS, what kind of guitars do you like? And what specs?

Hard-tail? Trem? Thin neck, thick neck? etc. etc.

Well, i like hard tails most. Trem is ok if i dont need unclamping and it dosnt go out of tune when i tune a string down etc. About the neck shape im a little confused, since it will probably feel very difrent scince its a 7 string. I have 2 guitar with thin u shape, that feel pretty good. I dont like to sticky necks.
Quote by Usernames sucks
So im thinking about buying a 7 string guitar.
Im mainly into progmetal in the stule of: born of osiris, BTBAM, THA, dream theater, scale the summit AAL, opeth etc...
So my budget is is a little below 2000$ i would say.
Im not a very big fan of emgs. I think the crunch lab/liquifire (dimarzio) sound very nice. Im not a big floyd fan either, so if i get a guitar with it, i will block it.
So what 7strings shuld i check out? I have heard that carvins are nice, but i need your opinion

You could always get a used Rg7421/RG7621 for under $4-$600 depending on condition. Then chuck in a Cl/LF set and your good as gold

Like someone posted above, check out Jaden Rose. I'm not sure how much his guitars are, but definitely check him out.
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Quote by Quaned
You could always get a used Rg7421/RG7621 for under $4-$600 depending on condition. Then chuck in a Cl/LF set and your good as gold

Like someone posted above, check out Jaden Rose. I'm not sure how much his guitars are, but definitely check him out.

Does the ibanezes have a paper thin neck? Also i checked out jaden rose, but couldnt find any. Can i get a link if you have? Also do you know how carvins are?
Quote by Tom 1.0
Yes they do.

So do Jadens guitars.

You could probably manage to afford a Series 2 with some tasty options with your budget though..

http://www.jadenroseguitars.com/

Sorry if im silly, but when i click "store" i see only 7diffrent 6 string guitars, where 2 is left handed. Both of my two electric guitars have a "thin u-neck" (finished) how does that compare to theese guitars?
Quote by Usernames sucks
Sorry if im silly, but when i click "store" i see only 7diffrent 6 string guitars, where 2 is left handed. Both of my two electric guitars have a "thin u-neck" (finished) how does that compare to theese guitars?

It's because he makes them by hand. You order one with your choice of spec out of the options he gives you, anything extra costs more. It's the cheapest, best quality custom guitar you will find. I've played 3 or 4 Series 2s and a couple of his Original Series guitars and they have all been incredible.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.