This is the message they sent

Quote by some asshole
Hows everything axxxx.mxxxxxxx25@gmail.com I haven't e-mailed you in a while. Do you want to make some money? You've got to read this story! (link removed so people don't think I'm an adbot) I bought a new car since I started working for this new company.

this happen to anyone else?
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by StewieSwan
Change your password

yeah

I did
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by OliOsbourne
yeah

I did

Cool. Step 2 is to delete this pointless thread.
Check out my band Disturbed
Wait. You got spam email? So where's the hacking..?
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by SG_dave
How is this your account getting hacked?
Just looks like spam to me.

This. Someone sending you an email isn't hacking your account. Certain companies/websites you might giive your email address to will sell your details (inc. email address) to third parties. Said third parties will email you shit you don't want.
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone

you guys misunderstood me
They hacked into my account and sent that email
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Ahhhhh right. Change your password, virus scan for keyloggers etc.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by SG_dave
Now it makes sense.

At first it just sounded like normal spam mail.

I'm not so stupid that I would think spam mail is hacking
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

SPAM, just like this thread! I cant tell you how many times I have won the Nigerian lottery and I was always under the impression that Nigeria was a third world country how can I have won all that monies :P

Edit: Did they send it from your address to your address? If so you have spyware, malware or a virus on your computer.
Last edited by ne14t at Oct 13, 2011,
Quote by OliOsbourne

you guys misunderstood me
They hacked into my account and sent that email

Oh, I see. In that case: change your password and you secret questions etc. Also get in touch with google and inform them of the situation. They may be able to give further advise.
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
This happened to my hotmail, but I didn't care because no-one was sending me spam. One of my contacts made me change the password though because he was sick of getting spam.
Quote by Jawlytomtom
When I entered this thread I thought getting spam mail was getting hacked...

thanks guys!

lol

if that was true, UG would be getting hacked every day

anyways, I'll work on a better password/security questions
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by SG_dave
You never know with some of the people on here

Pitmonkey: "guise should i go for it sounds legit to me"
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Just a virus dude.
It happened a long time ago to my facebook, and notified everyone in my contacts that I'd "discovered a shocking nude video of them and they should check it out immediately".
Gmail told me someone access my account from an Italian ISP last week. I quickly changed the password
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
I just set my account so that if someone tries to access it from a different computer, they'll need a code sent to my phone so it's all good
HILT!

Where's Waldo?