Hey so I just purchased a bugera 6260 head with the standard bugera cab. The distortion tones seem a little on the "muddy" side to me and i'm not sure why. I've tried tweaking the settings, but not much is happening. Is there something I'm missing here? Maybe i need an overdrive pedal? Help is appreciated!
First off the bugera speakers are utter shit.

What settings are you using? An overdrive will vastly improve the tone although it really shouldn't sound muddy. Please don't tell me you're scooping those mids?!
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Stick some Celestion V30's in it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
hold up, first, how loud are you playing it? I used to have the same amp, and it is a muddy mofo until you get that master up to about 1.5 or 2. As said, the speakers are pretty poop, I have heard worse, but they are definitely worth replacing once the money is there. also, mids, i kept mine at at least 4 at all times, and the presence knob is your friend. btw, guitar, and what pickups are in it?
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Alright thanks, yeah i had a feeling that the speakers weren't exactly good. and to dementiacaptain...i have a schecter damien elite with the floyd rose. Emg 85/81's. I've been playing at all different levels just trying to find that tone but yeah haven't gotten past the muddy sound.

So, celestion V30's are my best bet? I play in a hardcore band, but also in a more classic rock type band v30's iv'e heard are good for that classic rock sound? What about for heavy high gain material? Thanks
V30's are metal speakers. I wouldn't use them for classic rock. You've got it arse backwards.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
alrite just had to check. i spose that the speakers are indeed on the check list of things to go. also, the tubes that that mother ships with arent exactly top of the line, I know that when i changed mine out it improved the sound so much.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
well Vintage 30s would be better than the stock speakers

an OD pedal wouldn't hurt as a clean boost....same with an EQ pedal

you could also explore getting some different tubes

i would also get the bias checked with a probe and multimeter

then you'll be set