Today I had my 'Performance Seminar' class where we basically talk about music and do abit of performing.
Only two people performed, including me.

I performed The Great Deceiver by King Crimson.

I didn't have my jack-jack lead so I had to perform it with just my instrument (I listened to the song through my headphones). Listen to the song and you'll see why this is a 'musical faux pas'
I played it down a little, jokingly saying 'ye, this song has alot of rests'

So, anyone got any funny stories about their 'musical faux pas' moments?

EDIT: It was 3 people actually
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Last edited by Crazyedd123 at Oct 13, 2011,
I guess if you sang it then it might be considered a musical faux pas, or are you talking about the somewhat long passages with no guitar part? I'm assuming your 'instrument' is a guitar.

If it is the lyrics, then they are taken out of context, they aren't talking about homosexuals. They were using it for the other uses of the word.
This one time, I played the bass.

Never been able to live it down.
It's gonna be a blue day
Quote by K Reyn
Haha I have played some GG Allin covers for folks, does that count?

That's epic!

Quote by behind_you
I can never play live. I'd just end up shittin myself

Had to do it infront of other musicians

But the adrenaline is brilliant
You should do it, you'd be missing out.
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Last edited by Crazyedd123 at Oct 13, 2011,
Quote by Crazyedd123
Had to do it infront of other musicians

But the adrenaline is brilliant
You should do it, you'd be missing out.

I can play pretty well. But stick one audience member in front of me and I make the guitar sound like it's in pain. I don't think I will ever do it.
ggg1 ggg3

Once I was playing a show and I solo'd for way too long and it sounded shitty.
Then another time I started soloing in a different key than everyone else and it sounded incredibly shitty.
I smoke like Rasta, got hair like pasta
I be sippin' on them shots then bustin' rhymes like Busta

Load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informa call 911
Played a love song for girls that I didn't like. Played a Tim Minchin song for girl I did like. Tried doing more than just powerchords with a live band, in front of an audience, before I was ready. Y'know. The usual...
Quote by vanhailin
Once I was playing a show and I solo'd for way too long and it sounded shitty.
Then another time I started soloing in a different key than everyone else and it sounded incredibly shitty.

Out of key soloing is always one of those moments when you can be entirely aware of your playing, no matter how drunk you are.
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Quote by Crazyedd123
Out of key soloing is always one of those moments when you can be entirely aware of your playing, no matter how drunk you are.

I know but that was like when i was 12 and just starting out, tbh it woulda sounded like shit even if I'd been the right key.

I remember one time when I first started this girl wanted me to make like a solo or something for her, for her birthday. So I did and when I showed it to her and other girls and friends they were all totally blown away, and i listened to it again the other day for the first time in a few years. It sounded so ****ing terrible, it was all broken up and sloppy and just generally shitty.

Thats another thing though, once i was trying to impress this girl at a party, so i was drunk as hell and tried to play some some for her but i kept ****ing up. The next morning my friends told me all about, they didn't stop giving me shit for a good week straight.
I smoke like Rasta, got hair like pasta
I be sippin' on them shots then bustin' rhymes like Busta

Load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informa call 911