Hey,
This kind of fell into 2 catagories, i put it in this one. Hope it wasnt a mistake.
Im am looking to trade my Tele for a different guitar, and im having trouble deciding between pickups. Right now, i use a Schecter C-1 Custom FR Prototype. SH-8's in it. I have always loved the guitar. I either want a Syn Special(not custom, i hate those) or a Blackjack ATX Avenger. Ultimately they are the same guitar besides the Floyd Rose and the Pickups. I cant decide whether i want the blackouts or another guitar with the SH-8's. You probably think im just another crazy Syn fan....please dont, dont get my wrong, he is awesome, but i liked the Avenger before i knew who gates was. The only reason im considering a Signature is because it has every feature I want.

Could i get some opinions on which pickup, forgetting the guitars, would be better. Considering: I need it to do light to light-med distortions for lead at church, but it also needs Kick some butt in Rock and Metal.I think my Invaders now sound really good. But i have read some really awesome reviews on the Black-Outs and just that they are great pickups. Im never really going to play a clean, it will always have either Chourus or Distortion on it. Sorry, thats just me.

Im open to other suggestions, but i really emphasize these two because they come in the 2 guitars im considering. Im a huge Schecter fan, i dont think anybody matches their quality, IMO.

THanks for the help.
Rock On!!!

Schecter C-1 Custom FR (Prototype)
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Taylor 510ce
B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock
Ibanez SRX705
Pickups are interchangeable. I would say get the one with the blackouts in it since you already have one with invaders and then if you don't like the blackouts, sell them and put invaders in yourself.
I know pickups are interchangeable. If you can afford it. But i was looking more for a comparison, and opinions on the two.
Rock On!!!

Taylor 510ce
B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock
Ibanez SRX705
Blackouts are actives, so if you get them and you don't like them then swapping out to anything other than active pickups is a bit of an extra hassle cause you need to replace pretty much all the electronics.

Having said that though, I would recommend them. They have great clarity and power but at the same time much warmer, nicer (subjective!) tone than any other actives I've played. Also, I don't like the SH-8 much, but then if you already like it then it might be fine for you.

Plus I think the blackjack looks cooler than the Gates special (and this is coming from someone who genuinely likes the Gates custom - I think the pinstripe finish looks sick, so sue me... )
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Nothing against you. Just not much on the flat top, random pinstripes, and inlays. I like the special because it has a gloss black finish, nickel hardware, and the devil headstock. Among other things. Thanks for the imput.
Rock On!!!

Taylor 510ce
B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock
Ibanez SRX705