I've got an old Red Burst Fernandez vertigo deluxe ... i played it a lot a few years ago... and i did notice that this guitar took A lot of bass to get a good sound out of ... but palm mutes were overly bassy...and really strained most all amps i've played through. ok ... This thing came with EMGs .... but ... its Passive ... not sure what type they are because i find it really hard to find any info on this model... they use different pickups in the new models ... I have a epiphone Artcore hollowbody and i really and truely pefer the the sound it makes better ... but its a feedback fend... what i was wonders is ... is something wrong with my guitars wireing to make it have such low lows .... or maybe i should get new Pick ups ... and if so ... could you guys kinda give me some directions to start looking in .... i really know nothing about pickups ... i just can't get those EMGs where i want them sound wise ...they sound metal even with just an overdrive ... guess i may be looking for a more ... Warm ... loose tone ...maybe i don't know ... help me lol

oh and sorry for the fragmented question asked style
Originally posted by adVENTURA
if your in a punk band just do like Lars and Tim in rancid and scream like you got marbles in your mouth.

Check out my Music Here
Well, it probably is the pickups, I cannot use EMG's either, I feel they just don't sound right.
You may want some PAFs in there (pretty much every pickup brand makes them)
Go to the websites of pickup company and listen to the samples.
it took me forever to figure out what pickup combos I like! So it might take you a while!
thanks i'm digging around right now listening to samples ... i think you may be right about the PAFs ... the tone doesn't seem as ...as .... um ......emg like lol
Originally posted by adVENTURA
if your in a punk band just do like Lars and Tim in rancid and scream like you got marbles in your mouth.

Check out my Music Here