Hey guys, I post here a lot, sorry But yeah, I'm trying to get into digital composing and/or film scoring. Most applications are asking for 3-2 original songs, in different styles. So I wanted to know what you guys thought of my selections. I'm not the best singer, but I thought it was important to have one with vocals to show I can write lyrics, and created vocal melodies and harmonies as well as a hook. So I chose the cleanest song that did that clearly. Just to explain. Anyway, here they are, you can listen to one or all of them, if you crit more than one I'll crit more than one for you, I'm a business man, I won't cheat you. And I would like to hear back soon, the deadlines are coming in faster than I though, Saturday is the first one

Here we go:

My Stranger (Indie Rock) [Vocals One]

Everything Looks Beautiful From Far Away (Acoustic/Mellow)

And I'm stuck between these two for the third song ones (I'm also going to edit these tomorrow):

Our Faces In Christmas Colors (Jazz/Experimental)

The Never Ending Dial Tone (Experimental/Dark)

Thanks in advance guys
Thanks for the crit!

For now I am listening to "The Never Ending Dial tone"
May be back tomorrow for the others.

I really like the underlying jazzy feel to it and the dark, heavy piano.
Fantastic mix. Nice dynamic shifts. This thing is so cool!
I can not find a single flaw in it.
Love the kick-in at about 3:00.

Good luck.
Just listened to your Faces in Christmas Colors. At first I thought it was going to be *too* chaotic, but it turned out that it wasn't and all came together really well. I'm a fan of 70's fusion so this one was right up my alley. Left a comment on clip at a point that sounded like something Brand X could of come up with. Really cool!

Thanks for commenting on Drifter.
Here's my take of The Never Ending Dial Tone. There was too much tension in the song for me to enjoy it. I liked what you dropped into at 1:00. You definitely demonstrated a lot of cool ideas and tones in one song. The drums where cool. I'd like to know how you put them together.

Everything sounded really well done, but too chaotic for me to dig. The reverse envelopes upped the tension.

Please C4C my song here...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1488246

You've already C4C'd a bit of my stuff and I appreciate it.
Just listened to My Stranger. Great tune. I really liked the guitars and the where you took it in the end stood out and left you with a good feel.

I had a hard time understanding the vocals. But I have tinnitus so maybe someone else will comment on that. You have a unique sound in your voice and if you develop it a bit you should be able to carry the vocals with no problem.

Welp, here's the only song I have posted that you happened reviewed...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1486084
Just loved Everything Looks Beautiful From Far Away. Nothing to complain about.

If I had to point anything that was distracting I'd have to say in the first 20 seconds it seemed like a slow tremolo in time with the music gave a halting feeling. Definitely not a biggie, but figured you'd want anything that gave me an impression.

I just went and posted this new one...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=28341183#post28341183
Quote by fly135
Just loved Everything Looks Beautiful From Far Away. Nothing to complain about.

If I had to point anything that was distracting I'd have to say in the first 20 seconds it seemed like a slow tremolo in time with the music gave a halting feeling. Definitely not a biggie, but figured you'd want anything that gave me an impression.

I just went and posted this new one...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=28341183#post28341183

Hmmmmm I see what you mean, the velocities in the notes are too far apart. Thanks for pointing it out I'll work on bringing them closer, it's a problem because there isn't actually any tremelo:p
Jumping into never ending dial tone as we speak. Intro: in a word, ominous. the chaotic building up of the drumming is awesome. it sounds like you have countless tracks here and im really digging the fullness of it. a little disappointed the build up didnnt really unleash anything but just settled back down. at around 2:18, theres something about the guitar. i feel like it could be a little louder, but at the same time it kind of sounds tinny to me so it might not sound good higher in the mix. perhaps something to play around with. piano work after 3 (and before too actually) is awesome. theres a couple parts in here that get nuts and everything stays locked it, well done. The (what sounds to me like) reversed guitar notes at the beginning and end add a necessary element to its spookyness so that was a good inclusion. on the whole, i have to say im the slightest, tiniest bit disappointed it didnt branch out a little more, but it did pick up very nicely in short bursts. too be honest, this sounds like the kind of song ive been trying to write lately and havent been able to succeed at, so i respect that. perhaps i can come back to this in the future to as an example because i think you really captured the tone you were going for well. thanks for checking out my song as well.
Thanks guys ^_^ Now I crited AT LEAST 10 people's songs and so far only two people have come back so I'm suspicious
My stranger:
I like the guitar and the piano and how they work together
I like your voice, I'm not sure that everyone would, but I think it's cool and unique
guitar is a little sloppy at parts.
I think that this song would actually be great for some sort of indie movie
when the song picks up it is quite awesome, but it might be a little better if you could put some more power behind the vocals
starting at 3:20, the vocals suddenly become offpitch and the guitar sounds out of tune. not sure what happened here but it takes away from the song
solo is pretty solid

overall i like the song quite a bit

c4c?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1487890
American Circus
Like the White Stripes, RHCP, or Cage the Elephant? Check out mah band!