Where is a good place to buy tubes?...other than ebay.
fender aerodyne jazz bass>mxr el grande bass fuzz>boss odb-3>dunlop crybaby bass wah>randall rba 500 es/ampeg 8x10
my pics in order of preference

www.dougstubes.com
www.thevalvequeen.com
www.tubedepot.com
www.thetubestore.com
www.eurotubes.com (not in europe)
www.hotroxuk.com (in europe)

Is this for your 800? Have not seen you around in a while drugfreeboy. I like JJ's myself in which case eurotubes is fine (as that is all they sell) but I think they are in Oregon or something and Doug is in NY I believe and sells many other brands that will give you more choice and tonal preferences. For an 800 I would def get some JJ preamps and maybe 1 JAN Phillips 5751 for your PI or V1. Power tubes - get JJ or SED =c=
i have had great experiences with dougstubes.com and eurotubes.com
like 311 said they have a nice selection of tubes with good prices but the thing that puts them at the top of the list for me is the customer service and response time for questions. Doug really knows his stuff and he is really helpful when you have questions.

as for eurotubes their shipping time was FAST for me. i ordered a matched quad of jj 6l6's on late monday evening and i got them at noon today. dougstubes took a little over a week to get here. the prices are all about the same though if you like JJ's eurotubes might be a little cheaper mine were $78 shipped. from dougstubes it was 85 or so shipped.

i cant speak for the others. hope that helped a little.
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
Thetubedepot has always been my go to site and they ship fast as well
Quote by Tyler Bro
Gauges or Diamond studs? I am getting one, which one?

Quote by Xiaoxi
Get a dildo. Says the same thing.
That's wierd iheartgun

Maybe because you are in Cali?

I ordered tubes from Doug once on a Friday night online and within an hour I had a email from him personally letting me know they were shipping out on Saturday. I got them like Monday or Tuesday I think. I thought it was super fast and he really knows his tube recs.

Bob is nice too but all he knows is JJ's and some his tips seem suspect to me. That is just an opinion on the internet.
Yeah its for my 800. Did some noseing around and the marshall forum and alot of people suggested jj or =c= I like the appeal of the jjs for the darker tone.
fender aerodyne jazz bass>mxr el grande bass fuzz>boss odb-3>dunlop crybaby bass wah>randall rba 500 es/ampeg 8x10
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
That's wierd iheartgun

Maybe because you are in Cali?

I ordered tubes from Doug once on a Friday night online and within an hour I had a email from him personally letting me know they were shipping out on Saturday. I got them like Monday or Tuesday I think. I thought it was super fast and he really knows his tube recs.

Bob is nice too but all he knows is JJ's and some his tips seem suspect to me. That is just an opinion on the internet.

Yeah it was weird. Im not complaining though cuz ill have a NAD again sooner than later!. I still prefer dougstubes though.
Live Rig

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

just checked eurotubes...think i found a winner haha. their kit seems to good to resisit. $101 for everything or i know seperate it'd cost a bit more...so its kind of a deal. haha. anyone know how much shipping is? or how well they package? just wondering.
tubedepot.com has always amazed me with their turnaround time. I get my tubes like 2 days after the order.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I've only purchased a bias probe from eurotubes. Shipped fast.

Tubes will come in individual boxes and wrapped in bubble wrap probably. I'd select USPS regular 5 day. It will ship in 2 most likely. Seems like a good price. I'm sure Bob can help with making sure you get a matched set of power tubes - that is the key.

Let us know.
will do.
eurotubes shipping costs depend on the weight of the whole package. for 4 matched power tubes it was 8.95 or so. which is still not bad. and i do like the idea of their completed packages for tube amps. if i had extra green laying around i would have picked one up.
Live Rig

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

got confirmation that eurotubes sent out my tubes yesterday. should have them by weeks end. hopefully i can play by the weekend...my tubes we're fading in sound pretty bad last night. no practice until they're replaced.
that is not as quick as I would have thought. I swore my Probe only took 2 days when I selected 5 day USPS

can you bias your amp?

i mean, do you know how? that could help temporarily and is usually suggested when getting new tubes. Did Bob say he would give you matched power tubes for a xyz JCM 800?
yeah my eurotubes took like 3 days. really quick shipping.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
that is not as quick as I would have thought. I swore my Probe only took 2 days when I selected 5 day USPS

can you bias your amp?

i mean, do you know how? that could help temporarily and is usually suggested when getting new tubes. Did Bob say he would give you matched power tubes for a xyz JCM 800?

i don't know how. from the videos i've seen it looks simple. obviously i'm aware of all the risks involved.
this is what i ordered the high gain e34l option.

just checked the USPS tracking and its already in rochester NY. amazed at how fast it moved. lol
F'n'A man! got them today! dropped it off at my tech. should be rocking tomorrow night!
glad to hear! im tellin you they ship using lazer beams or somethin.
Live Rig

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

got the head all biased and all that jazz. now i'm itchin to get out of work so i can play it!
this is a pic
WOW
What an improvement! With my dist. pedall off it had more gain then the ruby's, I could hit the pinched harmonics AND hear them! Lol. With the pedal on it was like it was kicked in the balls. This is the most pleased i've been with my head since I bought it. This IS what this head is supposed to sound like. It ****ing rips!
Thanks dude.