http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mikevmpr3/music/all/play1051418

starting to get into poppish/post hardcore, hope its good (tho short) c4c please!

This was done via: superior drummer, peavey revalver, cube 30 amp.
-----------------------------------------------
--The GEAR--
Horizon Devices - Precision Drive
AMT D2 Preamp
Boss TU-2
Boss- CS 2
BBE- Green SCREAMER
ESP,LTD MH- 250 NT ,
fitted with SEYMORE DUNCAN NAZGUL AND SENTIENT
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Raise the drums a ton, I would invest in a better sounding virtual drum kit, try Superior Drummer or Solid Slate, they sound great for this kind of thing. Oh I see you have Superior Drummer, raise the hats up in the mix, change to the snare to a deeper snare (I like the black beauty) and then just bring the gain up.The snare sounds really weak, and I can barely hear the rest of the kit. It's a good part, just needs a better mix is all The tones for the guitars is pretty good, I would try to get a little more power out of them, raise the treble and the mid, it's a little too bassy. The goal should be to get them to be chunky, with each hit being an impact. I would make the part a little more syncopated, you just play eighth notes at some points, it sounded stronger with the starts and stops. The lead is good, it cuts off way too soon, I guess you meant intro TO a song, not an intro song haha. But it's good, definitely a lot of ideas to expand off of C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1487906
that is very pop-like with an alt edge to it. to start into the verse, i would drop the gitars back into the mix, kinda like a quiet passage, then crank it for the chorus. the change in volume will really help to grab the listeners ears. just my op, of course. i like this so far!
Pain is temporary. Stupid is forever. - Some really friggin' smart dead dude
Thanks for the feedback, havent been on lately to view what people had to say but all crit is welcome
-----------------------------------------------
--The GEAR--
Horizon Devices - Precision Drive
AMT D2 Preamp
Boss TU-2
Boss- CS 2
BBE- Green SCREAMER
ESP,LTD MH- 250 NT ,
fitted with SEYMORE DUNCAN NAZGUL AND SENTIENT
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like what you have but to me it feels more like an instrumental break in the middle of a song. If you can figure out what to wrap around it I think it could work well as is.