I have a Fender American Standard Strat and a Vibro Champ XD amp.
I like playing Paramore, Greenday, Avril lavigne and etc.
Few people told me that Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer would fit well this genre and my equips, what do you guys think?
i like mxr distortion III a lot espacially for those genres. to my opinion tube screamer is more for blues stuff
^This the TS is for blues, blues rock or lead work and is an OD pedal. You would want something like the above. Another good one on top of that would be a Pro Co Rat 2. But there are heaps to pick from and the best way to find out would be to try some out or check out some reviews on Youtube. Some to look out for are the: MXR Distortion +, Zvex Box of Rock and the Satchurator just to name a few.
solid state preamp means that an overdrive won't get the sound you want (although i disagree that a TS-9 if only for blues, many metal players use them)

you might want to try a distortion pedal through theamps clean channel (sorry not that familiar with those bands (more my daughters style) so i'm not the best for recommending one)
whats wrong with you people, now we are classing pedals by genre? If you happen to know a lot of the brootal music you hear can not be achieved without a tubescreamer. Id suggest the fuzz face, with the volume backed off you can get some nice grit, with the volume all the way up you can rawk out.

Or if you have like no buget get a klon
Quote by stykerwolf
whats wrong with you people, now we are classing pedals by genre? If you happen to know a lot of the brootal music you hear can not be achieved without a tubescreamer. Id suggest the fuzz face, with the volume backed off you can get some nice grit, with the volume all the way up you can rawk out.

Or if you have like no buget get a klon

wow people trying to shoehorn things into catagories that never happens . realistically speaking some pedals do work better for certain styles of music but of course that doesn't mean that's all they are good for.
Quote by ibanart300
^This the TS is for blues, blues rock or lead work and is an OD pedal. You would want something like the above.

You do realise that a lot of player use the TS even with high gain amps to TIGHTEN the sound right?

Although that said I do agree that in this instance the TS is probably not the best pedal for the job. I'd also check out the Hardwire Valve Distortion too.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.