HI, I'm ready to upgrade my amp. Right now I have the peavy vypyr 15. I really dont like it very much at all. Budget is 200-300. I like to play mainly metal and blues like whites stripes. I'm in america. Any suggestions would be awesome. Thanks. btw I have Jackson Kelly(cheapest one).
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Save your monies, get a 6505 plus combo and a new guitar and or pick ups and call it a day
GEAR
PRS:SE Singlecut w/ Crunchlab/Airnorton
ESP:Eclipse Standard
LTD:SCT607B
Fender:MIM Silverburst Tele
Line6:Pod HD500X
Ovation:EliteT1778
Quote by stealstrings
Can i have your peavy vypyr for free?

+1 this
GEAR
Quote by Jaredmkl
+1 this

You already have an amp. I have a crappy amp that i really can't use because it makes my guitar sound like shit.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Quote by stealstrings
You already have an amp. I have a crappy amp that i really can't use because it makes my guitar sound like shit.

No No, good sir, I'm agreeing he should give you his old amp :p but sadly my amp is le broken
GEAR
Quote by Jaredmkl
No No, good sir, I'm agreeing he should give you his old amp :p but sadly my amp is le broken

Sorry, misunderstood you good sir. Sorry to hear about le broken amp.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
i picked up a fender champion 300 for that price range and it's a great amp..i highly recommend. its great for gigging because it's loud but compact and not heavy at all.
Quote by Jaredmkl
Save your monies, get a 6505 plus combo and a new guitar and or pick ups and call it a day

+1 this. Best suggestion on the thread
GEAR
save your money. once you have about 600 bucks then you can really start getting into some good stuff in the used market.
here are my suggestions:

B52 at100- the heads sell all day long in the mid $300 range and most of the time you can score a head and cab for under 500. they are very versatile and they sound great.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/jet-city-amplification-jca20h-and-jca12s-half-stack/584695000000000
it will do metal with a boost and 20 watts is loud enough to gig with.

and you could scour ebay for a bugera 333xl

you could get a 6505 it would work for metal and the cleans arent as bad as everyone say they are. but im not a fan. and the 1x12 combos dont sound anything like the big brothers do.
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right