Hey guys, I'm just wondering how durable is Ash.. ...cuz I'm looking to get this guitar :

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eg_page11.php?area_id=4&data_id=170&color=CL01&year=2011&cat_id=1&series_id=477

And the finish just makes me worried bout getting dents chips and stuff.....should I be worried....??

Oh am I just being paranoid......
"Well, yeah, sometimes I get a little too creative."
~Bruce Dickinson~

-------------------------
"Various equipments"
I think you're just being a little paranoid. Although I'm more of an alder guy myself, a lot of people prefer it and many guitars are made of it. Don't worry it's durable stuff.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Yeah, maybe a little paranoid......the natural finish though beautiful, kinda freaked me out I guess....
~Bruce Dickinson~

"Various equipments"
A clear gloss finish is no more fragile or strong than a coloured finish. It'll chip or dent just the same as any other finish would, the wood is irrelevant.

Though as it so happens, ash is one of the harder and tougher woods used in guitar body making.
How much does it cost? I've been in search for a perfect technical-playing guitar myself
The English used to make longbows out of Ash wood. Some of them are still around eight hundred years later. It is as durable as hell. You'll be just fine.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by grohl1987
Though as it so happens, ash is one of the harder and tougher woods used in guitar body making.

That's good to know....thanks man....

Quote by Zeletros
How much does it cost? I've been in search for a perfect technical-playing guitar myself

Lets see, RM1850......around 590 US Dollars.....
~Bruce Dickinson~

"Various equipments"
Quote by FatalGear41
The English used to make longbows out of Ash wood. Some of them are still around eight hundred years later. It is as durable as hell. You'll be just fine.

Thank you man.....I'll be able to sleep oh so peacefully tonight.....
~Bruce Dickinson~

"Various equipments"
Quote by FatalGear41

The English made their longbows out of yew...
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Quote by Dawginator
The English made their longbows out of yew...

This.
Having said that, your ash guitar should still be fine
i just got an ash bodied strat after playing alder strats for years. first impression is that it's noticeably lighter than alder, but the good old strat tone is unaffected.

bit early for me to comment on the durability but it has a good solid feel to it.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by Mahabajaba
This.
Having said that, your ash guitar should still be fine

Yeah, I probably should have mentioned that too...
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
I actually have this guitar. The wood is Very nice - it's three solid pieces, and they've managed to sync the grain very well, though you can see it on the inside of the horn and near the bottom strap pin. I've had it a fair while and no dents or scratches yet, though if I have, you can't see because it's a matte finish.

One thing you might wanna think about is the quality of the Edge Zero. I block all my trems for dive only, but still have the occasional problem with the nuts not clamping the strings properly (though I've got a heavier set on than they recommend - 11-56 for D standard).

Try it out and see for yourslf!
I own as ash bodied strat copy. I think it is some kind of oiled finish and it's lasted fine.... no worries (it's a '98 model)
ash is crazy strong wood. correct me if i am wrong, but im pretty shure baseball bats are made of ash
How durable is Ash? Thay make hammer and axe handles from it. Its a hard, dense wood.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
Quote by Gr!t
I actually have this guitar. The wood is Very nice - it's three solid pieces, and they've managed to sync the grain very well, though you can see it on the inside of the horn and near the bottom strap pin. I've had it a fair while and no dents or scratches yet, though if I have, you can't see because it's a matte finish.

One thing you might wanna think about is the quality of the Edge Zero. I block all my trems for dive only, but still have the occasional problem with the nuts not clamping the strings properly (though I've got a heavier set on than they recommend - 11-56 for D standard).

Try it out and see for yourslf!

Nice....I have tested it and I love it.....ah, I've been using floating trems for years, I'll handle this just fine.....thanks for your input dude....appreciate it....

...and to all those I didnt quote, thank you very much.. ...I'll start making melee weapons out of ash.....
~Bruce Dickinson~

"Various equipments"