Hey ppl. i needed a little help to get my effect board up and running

I have

Boss Digital delay
Boss Chorus
Boss compression Sustain
Korg Pitchblack tuner
Dunlop Cry baby wah

The question is what would be the best way to connect these ? from guitar to amp

Thanks for your help \m/
I'd go Tuner->Wah->Compressor and if you've out an FX Loop, stick the Delay and Chorus in there
Quote by telemetal
I'd go Tuner->Wah->Compressor and if you've out an FX Loop, stick the Delay and Chorus in there

Thanks
but if you dont use the effect loop then? i dont gotta hole lot experience with that.
The just go with the order above adding in Chorus->Delay at the end

If you have an FX Loop, I'd suggest using it with the delay, simply because Delay nearly always gets along with a distorted amp better in the loop.
Last edited by telemetal at Oct 14, 2011,
Good advice so far.

One thing I will say, though, a lot of people put the wah before the tuner as the buffer circuit inside the Dunlop Crybaby sucks hairy ball sacks and can tamper with the dynamics and sound of any pedals after it, which, in this case, would only be a compressor. Still, try putting the tuner first and then try putting the wah first and see which placement you prefer.

After that it would be, as I said, the compressor. The chorus can sound nice in either the effects loop or in front. Experiment with both. If you are placing the chorus out front (where the tuner is), it should be after the compressor.

The delay should be in the loop, no question. With an ENGL Fireball a delay out front will sound like fizzy mush, if there is such a thing. To do so you simply send a cable out from the SEND of the effects loop to the input of your delay, and send another cable from the RETURN to the output of your pedal.

Also, as you can see in the picture, there is a "Balance" control. That determines how wet or dry the signal is. Fully clockwise and you have full effects pedal signal. Fully counter-clockwise and it's just the dry amplifier signal, no effects. The loop is passive so the level controls on your pedals may need to maxed out to avoid phasing issues. Use the balance knob to set the wet/dry signal.

Quote by AngryGoldfish
Good advice so far.

One thing I will say, though, a lot of people put the wah before the tuner as the buffer circuit inside the Dunlop Crybaby sucks hairy ball sacks and can tamper with the dynamics and sound of any pedals after it, which, in this case, would only be a compressor. Still, try putting the tuner first and then try putting the wah first and see which placement you prefer.

After that it would be, as I said, the compressor. The chorus can sound nice in either the effects loop or in front. Experiment with both. If you are placing the chorus out front (where the tuner is), it should be after the compressor.

The delay should be in the loop, no question. With an ENGL Fireball a delay out front will sound like fizzy mush, if there is such a thing. To do so you simply send a cable out from the SEND of the effects loop to the input of your delay, and send another cable from the RETURN to the output of your pedal.

Also, as you can see in the picture, there is a "Balance" control. That determines how wet or dry the signal is. Fully clockwise and you have full effects pedal signal. Fully counter-clockwise and it's just the dry amplifier signal, no effects. The loop is passive so the level controls on your pedals may need to maxed out to avoid phasing issues. Use the balance knob to set the wet/dry signal.

This was very informative Thanks alot (: